UJK Precision Mitre Gauge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainBarnacles

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am just about take delivery of my first real table saw (a Kity 619) and I have been looking at alternative mitre gauges for it. Firstly, does anyone know if it has a standard slot or is it some obscure proprietary size?

Secondly I have just spotted the UJK Precision Mitre Gauge on Axminster's website and it looks to be good value at the side of the Incras and Kregs etc. Has anyone tried it or compared it to the usual suspects?

I have just read Mike.C's excellent comparison review and I am heading in the direction of an Incra 1000 but the UJK looks such good value next to the Incra. I am prepared to spend the £160 or so if the Incra is a significantly better product but at almost half the price I wonder if the UJK is essentially just as good or is it half the quality of the Incra.

PJ

I would guess strange size. The kity 419 was "non standard" in that department!

I haven't seen the UKJ design, but you could replace the runner in the incra by making a hardwood one or even aluminium.

I'm hoping for 'well made' :D

Thanks for your responses.

marcros":xv3iz93f said:
I would guess strange size. The kity 419 was "non standard" in that department!

I haven't seen the UKJ design, but you could replace the runner in the incra by making a hardwood one or even aluminium.

It does seem like a bit of a compromise to make my own runner but I suppose a carefully made one should perform well enough and it's the old beggers/choosers thing. I'm not much of a metal worker but it shouldn't be too hard to knock something up out of aluminium bar.

Grahamshed":xv3iz93f said:
I have the UJK, I haven't used it in anger yet but it seems a week made and solid bit of kit.

I'd be very interested to know what you think of it when you've had a chance to play with it for a while.

My apologies, I meant WELL made. I an quite impressed with it but I have only just finished my router table and not used it yet.

Back