UJK Parf guide system

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have one yet.... my inner tool collector says I NEED one, shame it didn't come out a month earlier might have saved me from that MFT....

I KNOW I need one - the little Black and Green Monkey on my back has been whispering it in my ear ever since they arrived at Axminster.

He told me that my children clothes and food are not as important as I'd thought.

Helpful little chap.

Ok so plenty of people need one, but has anyone got one? I thought I was pretty quick at finding it on the Axy website the day it appeared (day after the launch) and it was sold out, so I'm not sure there ever was any stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiscoStu":2vu1eiim said:
Ok so plenty of people need one, but has anyone got one? I thought I was pretty quick at finding it on the Axy website the day it appeared (day after the launch) and it was sold out, so I'm not sure there ever was any stock.

I'm sure some people on the fog have posted photos of theirs even some in the US . I just think the demand was well beyond the stock which they hadn't allowed for.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Go on, anyone recognise this quote? "Have we got a video Rick?"

The video was posted ages ago Lonsdale73.

I have them still making the MFTC table but they work. have used them to make small jigs.

really add to the versatility of the saw

but only as good as your holes are accurate. I'm using a laser inc to make a template for the holes. so it will be accurate for 45 degree and 90 cuts

regards Richard

I've seen all the videos including the one where Peter makes a box for it - nice.

I just wondered if anyone had taken delivery and what they thought etc. I'm still waiting for stock.

Markvk":2pri3e5x said:
Seem a bit of a faff. You can buy a jig on ebay for £ 35 which from a cursury glance would do the job a lot quicker

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rs-CNC-Pro-JI ... Sw9mFWNi5n

Anbody any experience with this? Im going to buy one or the other over the next month or so......

Mark

this isn't what the tread is talking about. its talking about the dogs that you use with the holes.
the rail dogs allow you cut at 45 angle and do repeated cuts quickly

Well this thread is about the UJK Parf guide system which is used to make holes in a perfectly square pattern so you can make your own MFT style worktops. I think the post from Markvk is perfectly valid? As for 45 degree cuts once you've got a series of holes in a square pattern then you just position your rail from corner to corner and you'll have 45 degrees.

With regards to the CNC option, I looked at that but you do need a router and a 30mm guide bush. For my triton the guide bush set is around £80 which made this option and expensive option for me. Peters option can be packed away very small and I think it will be easier to make a few holes on a small top (such as for a systainer etc).

DiscoStu":14ogvazl said:
Well this thread is about the UJK Parf guide system which is used to make holes in a perfectly square pattern so you can make your own MFT style worktops. I think the post from Markvk is perfectly valid? As for 45 degree cuts once you've got a series of holes in a square pattern then you just position your rail from corner to corner and you'll have 45 degrees.

With regards to the CNC option, I looked at that but you do need a router and a 30mm guide bush. For my triton the guide bush set is around £80 which made this option and expensive option for me. Peters option can be packed away very small and I think it will be easier to make a few holes on a small top (such as for a systainer etc).

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

sorry just presumed it was about the dogs use ....

just googles the system looks a bit of a faff but should work.

regards Richard :oops:

rdesign":3bo6wtz8 said:
Markvk":3bo6wtz8 said:
Seem a bit of a faff. You can buy a jig on ebay for £ 35 which from a cursury glance would do the job a lot quicker

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rs-CNC-Pro-JI ... Sw9mFWNi5n

Anbody any experience with this? Im going to buy one or the other over the next month or so......

Mark

this isn't what the tread is talking about. its talking about the dogs that you use with the holes.
the rail dogs allow you cut at 45 angle and do repeated cuts quickly

I looked it up on axi and got this

http://www.axminster.co.uk/ujk-technolo ... tem-102278

They call it ujk parf guid system which is what yhe thread was called and according to the vid its used to make mft tables...

Now im really confused!

Sorry confusion sorted posts got crossed... phew thought I was going mad!!

DiscoStu":2lgef4qy said:

Ahhhh hadnt thought of the additional cost of bushes.... new to all this and spending more time on equiping my workshop that making stuff! So I now need to price up the bushes for my dewalt and weight up the pros and cons on if I will use the bushes again.....

Desisions desisions...

Perhaps I NEED both.... after all the kids are a little fat anyway.... :D

Latest posts

Back