Parf Guide II for hardwood MFT top

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireburst

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Parf II system on a hardwood top? I am building a workshop bench with a beech worktop, and I would like to know if the UJK 20MM cutter will likely last for a 1600 x 800 top with 96mm centres or if I should invest in a spare cutter?

Has anyone used the Parf II system on a hardwood top? I am building a workshop bench with a beech worktop, and I would like to know if the UJK 20MM cutter will likely last for a 1600 x 800 top with 96mm centres or if I should invest in a spare cutter?

I got a spare cutter when I made my MFT top out of 18mm thick marine grade ply. I didn’t need and have since used the original cutter to bore holes in 35-40mm thick pieces of Purpleheart. Still seems usable but I think it makes sense to have a back up just in case.

I got a spare cutter when I made my MFT top out of 18mm thick marine grade ply. I didn’t need and have since used the original cutter to bore holes in 35-40mm thick pieces of Purpleheart. Still seems usable but I think it makes sense to have a back up just in case.
Thanks, I will grab a spare to be on the safe side.

Latest posts

Back