Parf guide system v2 help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilson joinery

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m currently making an mft table top for my track saw using the parf guide system. Problem is the instructions say not to have anything underneath the table top when cutting the 20mm holes with the forstner type cutter. This is resulting in breakout on the underside of the mft top. My first question is, does this matter? (I was hoping to use the second side of the top once the first is worn out). Secondly how do you resolve this? Do you ignore the instructions and place a bit of scrap under each 20mm hole you’re going to drill or is it possible to drill roughly halfway through and then continue the cut from the opposite side?

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers
Pete

you have set the depth stop collar on the bit ? it should just come through on the reverse side . did you get the chamfering tool as well that allows the dogs to sit properly

Thanks Williams. I have the depth collar but didn’t set it up precisely so that the bit just passes through the full depth I just had it set so the bit doesn’t slam into the floor as the instructions suggest but I’ll try as you suggest on a bit of scrap to see if it makes any difference. Dunno if it’s just me but forstner bits in mdf are slow going! And yes I got the chamfering bit but I haven’t used it yet.

Hi again Williams I set the depth collar up so that the bit just made it through the thickness of the mdf and it worked a treat. Thanks very much!

Back