U-shaped alcove shelving (next to a chimney breast)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dance

Established Member
Reaction score
In our kitchen we've got quite a wide gap between the edge of the chimney breast and then the 90deg right angle wall. My wife is asking for some shelving to run round the outside of the three walls but for the shelves not to be as deep as the alcove would allow. Does that make any sense? Almost like a 10cm shelf running around the edges of the alcove, NOT a shelf that would just fill the whole space available.

Any tips on how to build such a shelf? I guess there are various ways to do it and I'm wondering if one way trumps other ways?

Thanks

Sorry - I've not explained myself very well - like this, but with the shelves at the side and the back being all quite shallow, so that it's almost like you'd cut the bulk of the material away if you imagine a bit of plywood being slid into the alcove.

Shelving on battens. Pretty straight forward really but like everything there are myriad ways to achieve the look you want. Can you be more specific, some pics of what look you want to achieve maybe?

Latest posts

Back