Type of plywood used for making wardrobes/cabinets?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MatthewRedStars":2syvoaq0 said:
You can buy pre-grooved MDF sheets (V groove, cockbead etc) - I wouldn't do it by hand unless there was only a tiny bit to do.

Ah, now I see what Marineboy meant by faux cladding. It is indeed an interesting idea if I go the paint route. Creating V-grooves should be easy with a router and a straight edge. Plus you can space the grooves as you like.

Benchwayze":37xryloz said:
Tongue and groove looks great when painted with pastel coloured emulsion. It needs to be done properly though. So Marineboy's idea is good too, but the finish needs to be spot on. I believe Custard did a tongue and groove job like that on a utility room. (Proper match-board though, I'd guess.) There's a post somewhere on the forum. Have a look.

I will try to find the post. Would be really interesting to see the results.

transatlantic":32rnrn93 said:
Dude - get making already! ... :)

jeeeeeze

Haha. My fingers are itching to start building this very minute but there have been some delays unfortunately. Although I will make sure to document the build along the way. But the fact that what my initial question was, and where this thread stands now is just amazing :mrgreen: Has helped a million fold. Thanks everybody!

Here's the faux t&g effect on some pine boards for reference
2ffd329ff4452353e02eaf30bb183876.jpg

Back