Two questions if I may please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRYAN

Established Member
Reaction score
Firstly, Could anyone with a Stanley 13- 052 plough plane measure the guide fence rods diameter please.
I need to replace mine after my younger brother banged mine into hard ground with a hammer or summat.
God knows what he was up to,but I don't. This happened 40 years ago.

Secondly, I am giving my Tormek another try after giving up on it 15 years ago. I am hoping that I will have more patience now (doubtfull though). Unfortunately I can't find any honing compound that has not dried out in the tube that I split to remove the trapped contents at the neck.
I have 5 litres of T-cut in the barn, can I use that in stead?

Atb Guys.

Sorry I can't help with hand planes as I don't use planes but I think t cut will be too fine. Lots of people use autosol as an economic alternative to the tormek stuff.

BRYAN":30q5t6g5 said:
Firstly, Could anyone with a Stanley 13- 052 plough plane measure the guide fence rods diameter please.
I need to replace mine after my younger brother banged mine into hard ground with a hammer or summat.
God knows what he was up to,but I don't. This happened 40 years ago.

Secondly, I am giving my Tormek another try after giving up on it 15 years ago. I am hoping that I will have more patience now (doubtfull though). Unfortunately I can't find any honing compound that has not dried out in the tube that I split to remove the trapped contents at the neck.
I have 5 litres of T-cut in the barn, can I use that in stead?

Atb Guys.

I'm off out to work in a minute.
But I will measure the guide rods on my 13-052 later today and post back if no-one does so in the mean time.

Get a tube of Autosol from a car accessory shop. That works very well, or failing that T-cut might work, but it might be too thin. Mine is not a Tormek brand (but otherwise same idea) and I find Autosol is good, but occasionally I wet the leather with 3-in-one. It'll probably come unstuck from the wheel one day, but meanwhile it's fine.

Back