Turning Time in 2009

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
______
______A touch of "Jacobs Coat of Many Colours"________Click on images for larger view.

___ ___ ___

___________Laburnum ___________________242mm High

That is an exceptional piece of timber there Chas and you've made it into a nice little vase :D My mum had one more or less the exact same shape on the dresser when I was a boy :lol:

JT

______
______ The Tall and the Short________Click on images for larger view.

___ ___

_________Elm 310mm High___________Cedar of Lebanon 180mm

Nice work Chas, do like the Elm vase. I like the bowl, but I think the foot should have had a bit less height. Just doesn't sit right to me, eye of the beholder and all that. :wink:

310mm :shock: They're getting deeper Chas. :D
What are you using :?: Must be a big snake :lol:
Very nice Elm piece,and a nice bowl,but i also think the foot could have been not so high :!:

Hallelujah at last there is something I don't like in Chas's work. Only taken 2 years :lol: The bowl just doesn't work for me this time. Sadly I can't fault the finish etc but what the heck.

Pete

The elm vase is beautiful, im going to have to give those a go.

I love the rounded rim on the bowl, which also looks undercut,? I think the pic makes the bowl heavier than it is ??

Loz

I do agree with Pete on the bowl. The general shape does not work for me.

However, I absolutely love these elm vases. I'm going to try one as soon as possible.

As others have said Chas the bowl doesn't look right, for me the huge foot and general shape don't work. It looks really thick walled(or is that an illusion of the concave interior sides?)

The vase on the other hand is very nice, the simple form compliments the beautiful grain of the elm very nicely and over a foot in height :shock: . good work :)

JT

johnny.t.":3kdf318l said:
As others have said Chas the bowl doesn't look right, for me the huge foot and general shape don't work. It looks really thick walled(or is that an illusion of the concave interior sides?)
.... JT

Johnny the wall thickness is about 4mm except immediately under the rim, I take on board all the comments by folks about the higher foot but it was done to a sketch requirement. In practice it does not look so heavy, 'photo perspective seems to exaggerate it somewhat.

DSCN0194.jpg

Latest posts

Back