Turbinaire HVLP Sprayers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dellpitch

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone any experience of these sprayers, & are they available in the UK?

Never having used a spayer before they seem to tick all the right boxes but at a cost!

The first project would be a kitchen constructed from MR MDF.

Any thoughts/advise would be welcome.

dellpitch

Hi

Having no feed back re Turbinaire sprayers I have been looking further & have found a Hurricane 3 stage HVLP sprayer sold by Spraystore part of Brewers.

Has anybody any experience of this product, good or not so good comments welcomed.

Regards

Hi Delpitch, I do not have any of the sprayers you mention but I know someof the forum members on here do use this type of system. Just be patient and I am sure one of them will be along to answer your post. I personally use a standard compressor with a gravity fed HVLP spray gun for my large work. :wink:

I dont mean to hijack the thread but how do you get on with your system mailee, Reason i ask is i was looking at hvlp systems, quite expensive for a decent one, then came across what you have and seeing as i already have a compressor i was wondering if this was a better option?

He's such a bloody whizz he could probably blow the stuff through a straw and get a better result than the rest of us.

Jake":1kk910ct said:
He's such a bloody whizz he could probably blow the stuff through a straw and get a better result than the rest of us.

Ha, ha, I wish Jake. My setup consists of a 50 ltr 'V' twin compressor that produces 12CFM and my gun (Cheap laquer gun bought through work) takes 7CFM to run. It gives a good spread and pattern but it does soon run down the air in the machine. Ideally I could do with a larger tank on the compressor or an air bank of some sort. I can though get a full side of a wardrobe coated before it loses puff. :wink:

i have a capspray hvlp sprayer, am very happy with it and its performance.

Before the upgrade to the HVLP, i used a 3 hp compressor and suction spray gun, it worked well, but there was allot of over spray, the force of the paint coming out of the gun is so great that the paint bounces and mists, it has a efficiency rate of about 20% ( 20% of the paint goes on the item, then rest mists in the air) A HVLP sprayer has an efficiency of about 60% i believe. therefore you are saving on paint, and a hvlp sprayer doesn't use as much power, and you can reduce your extraction flow rate. So i recommend it over compressed air, and well worth the cost if your doing allot of spraying

Back