TS55 competition ...... Dewalt DWS520 & Makita SP6000K1

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only had a look but bought the Makita one,mainly for kitchen fitting duties.It cuts very cleanly.So far only used it for worktops and end panels but i like it.Saves ages setting guide rails.I'm not for one minute thinking it is in the same league as festool but never having used a festool i dont know.

I suspected as much.If i fitted kitchens exclusively then i would have gone for the Festool but this saw wont get a lot of hammer.Only used it for one job so far and it did the biz.

I have Festool and porter cable hand saws,night and day hands down Festool wins.
If you like plastic tools Dewalts ok but in the states their a dime a dozen,so is Makita`s for sale eveywhere on sale...no so with Festools,few and far inbetween.Also its the blade that makes the cut so a good quality blade is a must.

Tony":28jtbaay said:
Good WoodWorking magazine tested 4 a short while back

You wouldnt be so kind as to scan the article so i can have a read? I think it will really help my choice.

Thanks!

Back