Trying to match my hifi speakers. Please help.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim,

Here's the link to the updated pics. They do look a bit yellow on screen as there are not in the flesh. The marking went when I sanded down and applied the wax oil. I have applied two coats of wax oil so far and will probably apply 1 more.

Its come out a bit darker than I wanted but I cant do anything about that now. A bit gutted but it is my first attempt.

http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/gperkins1973/

cheers

Graham

Graham,

They still look good though. I think you should be proud of them regardless. Will you post pics of fully assembled speakers?

Jim

Jim,

Will do matey. That's the problem with outdoor lighting and the sun beating down on it. The piece that I brought indoors looks pretty good. I will be bringing them indoors next weekend to set them up and do alot of testing.

I will take some pics of it indoors. I need to do the grills soon.

cheers

Graham

gperkins1973":31cf0zax said:
Not sure if I am doing this right but here goes. Here are some pics with the stain on. I need to apply my hard wax oil when it arrives as the shop forgot to send it to me.

There's a light patch on the top which is annoying me. I don't know what the best thing to do is as if I apply any more stain it will make it darker. Some advice would be appreciated.

http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/gperkins1973/

cheers

Graham

you are posting links to the album - if you want pics to show you need to link to the individual pics

like this

th_sub3.jpg

Thanks guys and yes I have been engaged for 11 years. Its a good job the other half loves watching films. I do have 2 off them by the way. :D

cheers

Graham

Ye gods - I hope your nearest neighbour is a coupla' fields away at least.

How big is the room - the speaker looks to half fill it; or is that not the final location?

BugBear

Bugbear,

The room is 17 feet by 17 feet. They don't look as big in the room which is a relieft. I have two off these in each corner. I love my home cinema and have built 3 off these so far. They just keep getting bigger. LOL.

Oh and they are powered with a 2000 watt amplifier. :D

I rattle my next doors plates in her kitchen.

She's good as gold which is also a relief.

cheers

Graham

gperkins1973":x70pkx95 said:
Bugbear,

The room is 17 feet by 17 feet. They don't look as big in the room which is a relieft. I have two off these in each corner. I love my home cinema and have built 3 off these so far. They just keep getting bigger. LOL.

Oh and they are powered with a 2000 watt amplifier. :D

I rattle my next doors plates in her kitchen.

She's good as gold which is also a relief.

cheers

Graham

You're quite .. single minded, aren't you :D

BugBear

Back