truing a grinding stone.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eoinsgaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've gotten a Scheppach sharpening system in lieu of a Tormek (beginning to question the wisdom of that) and the wheel isn't square/level/flat. The diamond truing tool is fifty odd pounds - a cost I'd rather avoid.

A new stone from Norton would be cheaper than the truing tool, should be square and better quality than the one that came with the system. Just a thought.

Has anyone got a method of truing a grinding stone or any better advice advice.

Eoin

If you can't afford the diamond truing tool, I'd be inclined to buy one of these diamond dressers http://www.axminster.co.uk/recno/2/prod ... -21897.htm which are only £4.55. You could mount it in a block of wood which you could drill to fit on the universal support bar. That way you could dress the stone so that it is square to the universal support bar. I made up something similar to true up the grinding wheels on my old high-speed grinder and it worked well.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

That's the one I use Paul, had for some time and it works well, but I would advise goggles when in use!

Roy.

What sort of machine - high speed or water cooled? If you're talking about the Tiger 2000 or 2500 - don't use the above recommendations to true the stone!
If water cooled - even for an expensive machine you'll need the truing tool at some stage.
Cheers
Gidon

Use the Axminster one. i've used that one on my tormek since 2000.
It works perfectly well by putting the bar across the top and just above the wheel.
It slides back and forth truing the wheel without problems.

And it's cheap :lol: :lol: :lol:

John. B

Back