Triton Router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malboro

Established Member
Reaction score
Apparently I can't have links so i shall redo the post!

I am looking into purchasing a Triton Router, MOF001 to be exact. I haven't had much experience apart from playing around instore with it. So obviously I can tell how it performs as a router doing what a router does. Does anyone have any feedback on it?

Also cheapest I found online is £169.95 from D&M if anyone can find cheaper let me know please :) (Always after the best deal ;))

Welcome Ryan. That router is highly regarded among it's owners. Try the search function for more info.

RyanGillam":1a0hn68b said:
Apparently I can't have links so i shall redo the post!

I am looking into purchasing a Triton Router, MOF001 to be exact. I haven't had much experience apart from playing around instore with it. So obviously I can tell how it performs as a router doing what a router does. Does anyone have any feedback on it?

Also cheapest I found online is £169.95 from D&M if anyone can find cheaper let me know please :) (Always after the best deal ;))

Hi Ryan welcome to the forum. I have the larger TRA001 which is the big brother of the one you mention and IMHO it is the perfect router to strap under your router table. I was going to buy the smaller Triton for handheld use, and for sitting on top of my Leigh Dovetail Jig, but as well as the bigger Triton I also have the Dewalt 625 and Bosch 900 and 1300, so I cannot justify buying another one. But if one of the Bosch's brokedown I would certainly not hesitate to get one.

Here is a review for the MOF001 http://www.raygirling.co.uk/triton14.htm and another for the TRA001 http://www.raygirling.co.uk/triton.htm These were written by Argee a forum member who used to be a Triton demonstrator and were iinstrumental in my purchase of the Triton.

HTH

Cheers

Mike

Welcome, Ryan. Once you've made a few posts, you will be able to put up links, but we use a "spam trap" that prevents people joining just to post links. I think five posts is the current cut-off point.

Thanks for the plug, Mike.C - any other questions, Ryan, fire away. :)

Ray

Argee":yd6joipt said:
Welcome, Ryan. Once you've made a few posts, you will be able to put up links, but we use a "spam trap" that prevents people joining just to post links. I think five posts is the current cut-off point.

Thanks for the plug, Mike.C - any other questions, Ryan, fire away. :)

Ray

Your welcome Ray.

Cheers

Mike

I have the TRA001. Thought it was an odd looking thing but it was being sold cheap as an ex display unit and had none of the kit that normally comes with it and the spring and cap for the using as a plunge router was missing. But it was the best 50quid I spent, its used on my router table and I would recommend it although I have never used it for hand held work.

I've had a MOF001 mounted in my table for a bit over a year now and it's done everything I've asked of it without problems. For what I've been doing 1400W has been more than enough.
I'd definately recommend it.

Only thing I'm not completely happy with is the above table height adjustment which requires a long handle stuck through a hole in the insert plate with the hope that it somehow engages in the adjustment pin on the router. Usually it doesn't, but it might just be me :shock:

An alternative I'd consider looking at is the biggest Freud which has a far better adjustment mechanism and no lock on the power switch like the Triton.

Mark

Thanks for the help guys. I think I am going to take the plunge and purchase myself a plunge router. I ended up finding it cheaper than D&M so if anyone wants the link PM me as it could save you a considerable amount.

Received my Triton Router today, fantastic piece of kit, although it did take me a while to work out how to convert from plunge to fixed base! Other than that I believe me and my router can become VERY good friends!

Thanks for the link Ryan. Acquired one today. One question for anyone who has the MOF001.

Has anyone purchased the auxiliary kit with the winding handle?

I rather baulked at £34 for a kit when all I really wanted was the handle. The Triton is for the router table and I wonder whether I need the other items in the kit.

Anyone with any views?

Thanks in advance.

I've got a handle for it that I'll never use, John. The rest of the kit comprises Imperial template guides and a carrier. If you're going to use template guides (guide bushes), you're probably better off with a Trend GB5 sub-base and a set of their metric guides. :)

Ray

Back