Triton Router not plunging all the way

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stef

Established Member
Reaction score
As the title says, it's stopping about 1/2 inch from the bottom. it means i cannot lock the chuck.
(well, i can actually lock it manually, but that's not the point)
I checked the following:
-depth stop, of course. fully operational.
-the chuck lock push button. It previously happend that it was stuck fully out, but this time, it's fine. spring is working well too.
- i removed the spring from the collumn. the problem remains.

the bottoming feels a little squashy, rather than hard. a bit as it there was some saw dust stopping the collumn from working fully.
Is there anything i should open up ?

Did you look inside the spring cap? It's usually compacted dust that gets trapped when used inverted. If it's not that (although I highly suspect that it is), see here for dismantling the larger model - TRA001 - or here for dismantling the smaller one - MOF001

Ray

Argee":puq4naou said:
Did you look inside the spring cap? It's usually compacted dust that gets trapped when used inverted. If it's not that (although I highly suspect that it is), see here for dismantling the larger model - TRA001 - or here for dismantling the smaller one - MOF001

Ray

thanks !
that might be the problem. i took the spring out, but didnt check the inside.
i will do that tonight.

Bloonose has the right answer at post no. 3. But it's so cryptic I didn't understand what he meant.

This is normal behaviour for the interlock on the mains power switch. It's intended to stop you applying power when the spindle is locked. Just switch off and allow the plastic cover to slide back.

If that doesn't cure it, there's possibly something trapped in that general area. Follow Ray's excellent tutorial to remove the spring cover, spring and circlip. Then you can separate the base from the router and look into the hole.

Bob (slightly annoyed, having dismantled my router to find there was nothing wrong)

Latest posts

Back