Triton Router bent shaft?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray the first time this came up on the ozzie site was early 2005 or late 2004 from what I can remember. It was about the time that B&Q went big on Triton. The problem was the elect*** paint used - it was the Hills time at Triton( Hills is a large Ozzie company that bought out the Triton inventor - they are know for windy driers etc) The company was in free fall. There was no quality control.
Barry

Ok, though I would just update you all on the situation....I got an email from Colin at Triton yesterday asking me to phone in and discuss the problem with the router. He says that Triton has never seen this problem before and initially the advice was to swap for a new one at B&Q and they would pick it up for investigation. When he heard I can't get over to the mainland until the end of the month, he, (as a gesture of good faith) offered to send me a new router out by the end of the week and I can drop the defective unit off at B&Q when I go over to the mainland on the 30th.

What a result, seems the fabled Triton customer service is alive and well. That's Triton and Rutlands (for past purchases) on my "only buy from" list for brilliant after-sales service.

I'd like to pass on my thanks to Colin @ Triton through this forum for such a nice gesture. Well done!

Feel all warm and fuzzy now (could be the stella kicking in though) :D

Back