Triton Respirator

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCB

Established Member
Reaction score
I have acquired a second-hand Triton Respirator in good condition.

I know that Triton is an Australian company and that the respirator is no longer in the range of products

The battery pack is unable to give enough air-flow to push the little test ball into the ”OK“ range.

Before I spend time (and money) rebuilding the battery pack with new cells, can anybody tell me if it's possible to obtain replacement filters in the United Kingdom, please.

With seasonal greetings and my very best wishes for a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful, Successful, Prosperous and Stress-free New Year.

MC Black

devonwoody":hgykh8xb said:
Post a request at the Aussie forum they might respond with some help

http://www.woodworkforums.com/

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I have no intention of importing the filters from Australia. That would make the whole exercise unrealistic.

When I posted the original message I hoped that somebody in the UNITED KINGDOM had already overcome this difficulty and would be prepared to tell me if any filters which were easily obtainable in the UK would fit.

With seasonal greetings and my very best wishes for a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful, Successful, Prosperous and Stress-free New Year.

MC

MCB":1gzl1ldp said:
I have no intention of importing the filters from Australia.
But they may know of brands that are available easily in the UK that would fit. It may be that importing from Oz is an economic proposition anyway, especially for low weight items that you don't need in a hurry.
Unless you ask, you won't know.

The point of my original enquiry was to discover if anybody else had encountered the problem and discover how he or she had solved it.

I VERY rarely buy anything by Mail Order - buying from oversaes has invariably been a disaster!

MCB

MCB":2tak6o0d said:
I VERY rarely buy anything by Mail Order
That must limit your options a lot now.
Mail order shopping via the internet is common practice for most people these days. Delivery services are generally fast, reliable and cheap.
buying from oversaes has invariably been a disaster!
Not my experience. I've bought from the USA, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan without any problems what so ever.

Since shopping via the net started I must have made over a thousand transactions, so far I've never actually lost any funds at all. There are probably less than ten occasions when what I've brought hasn't been what I expected (usually dirt cheap stuff bought from the far East off eBay when expectations haven't been high anyway).

Ruling out mail order seems a very silly attitude now.

Rhossydd":1kl3s2rk said:
MCB":1kl3s2rk said:
I VERY rarely buy anything by Mail Order
That must limit your options a lot now.
Mail order shopping via the internet is common practice for most people these days. Delivery services are generally fast, reliable and cheap.
buying from oversaes has invariably been a disaster!
Not my experience. I've bought from the USA, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan without any problems what so ever.

Since shopping via the net started I must have made over a thousand transactions, so far I've never actually lost any funds at all. There are probably less than ten occasions when what I've brought hasn't been what I expected (usually dirt cheap stuff bought from the far East off eBay when expectations haven't been high anyway).

Ruling out mail order seems a very silly attitude now.

In my experience delivery charges are exorbitant and often involve a courier company whose driver thinks that I exist for his benefit.

Because of my responsibilities as a carer, I'm rarely at home during the day and certainly can't afford to stay at home on the offchance that a courier will bless me with a delivery. I've had courier companies throw packages over the side gate, put them in the dustbin, leave on front step in full view of street.

When it's been necessary to return stuff, companies have been unable to tell me when that would happen and I've chucked the defective product in the bin and saved myself untold stress.

I like to buy things from a shop where I can handle them and ensure that they will be suitable for my needs.

I accept that your - and other's - experiences may be different.

With best wishes and thanks.

MCB

I'm afraid it looks like you should have saved you're money and got the Trend Airshield Pro, BUT the MK11 version
that will handle MDF dust, at £194.00 highly rated, I believe.
Whilst it would be very unlikely to find a shop in you're local high street selling the rare Triton filter,
Therefor I assume you would find the postal service acceptable.
This link is all that I can find,
Speak to other Triton owners, Someone may have found a substitute filter!

http://www.powered-respirators.com/prod ... cartridges
Happy Christmas and new year
Regards Rodders

blackrodd":265vk9d4 said:
I'm afraid it looks like you should have saved you're money and got the Trend Airshield Pro, BUT the MK11 version
that will handle MDF dust, at £194.00 highly rated, I believe.

For the cost to me, it was worth taking the risk!

Whilst it would be very unlikely to find a shop in you're local high street selling the rare Triton filter,
Therefor I assume you would find the postal service acceptable.
This link is all that I can find,
Speak to other Triton owners, Someone may have found a substitute filter!

That was the whole point of posting my original enquiry!

http://www.powered-respirators.com/prod ... cartridges
Happy Christmas and new year
Regards Rodders

MCB

Back