Triton Multistand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom K

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, wanted to open this up as I plan to buy some of these soon. Argee says they can be assembled wrong and Chipp thinks they are made wrong. So which is it? How can they be assembled wrong is it something as simple the centre pole needs rotating.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
chipp71970 said
Sorry Argee but I find that a little bit insulting that you think I cannot put something as simple as that together.

chipp71970 said

Anyway it has been put together as per Tritons instructions. The problem is the curved slot where the bolt runs for adjusting the angle of the head it is not long enough so does not let the head fully stop level.

Below is the post that proves I am not the only one and this is a fault with the multi stands.

http://festoolownersgroup.com/index.php?topic=1486.0

Other than that they are great stands.

The link only shows a few people with this problem and some that havent seen it.

Regards Tom

I made my comments in the other post, but fwiw, I also have that problem where the top is not square. It's not a major issue for me as I think the whole thing is a bit naff.

I have a couple of Multistands and have no problem with them at all. I use mine to support a cutting grid, made of 2x4 and 2x6 timber for handling 8' x 4' sheets, where the tilting heads come in very handy for loading on a whole sheet. The heads of both units lock dead level and hold firmly even with the weight of the grid and an 8' x 4' sheet on top. I also find them very versatile as temporary tables (600 mm sq piece of OSB with a batten on the back) for assembly, painting, sanding etc as well as in-feed/out-feed support or anywhere that an adjustable height saw horse would be useful.

I too am going to build a sheet cutting table George.

I bought the stands a few months ago direct from Triton they were the cheapest but I still have not got around to building it.

I noticed the problem after I saw a post about it and to be honest I am sure its easy to cure but at the same time if you buy something it should be right.

When I get 5 minutes I will have a proper look at it to see, you never know it might be put together wrong but I doubt it very much.

Anyway as I said other than that they are very strong stands.

Just been down the workshop and yes the stands are put together as the instructions as I thought.

Latest posts

Back