Trimming doors.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philpolish

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all just enquiring how people trim there doors to length (small cabinet doors). I was going to buy a radial arm saw then decided to build a circular saw jig on my bench just two rails suspended with saw running on top. It does the job but I only made it so I could cut 500mm crosscut. Yesterday I had to make a door 525mm so couldnt crosscut it. So I am thinking about putting an extension on the table but thought I would ask here to see how other people do it perhaps with a router and guide. Tried with my jigsaw with guide but didnt cut square enough, any thoughts will be appreciated.

Regards Phil.

I usually make my rails 10mm wider and the styles 20mm longer, then once its all glued up run it through the tablesaw using the sliding carrage.

Squares up any error and just needs a light sanding

Jason

To trim my doors i use my Eumenia Radial Arm Saw which has a cut of 600mm . The saw is very accurate and very reasonably priced but not as robust as the more expensive options available but i have had it for 5 years and its still going strong.

I used to do this with my Festool saw and guide, very quick and accurate, and easy to do an angle if for any reason that is necessary.

Now I mostly do it on my table saw with sliding carriage

John

Sorry about the polyvinylacetate post. it is me and that used to be my old name but thought i had lost all memory of log on details and then this morning i just logged on to the wrong one.

Latest posts

Back