Trevtheturner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Its with very great sadness that I have to let you know that Trevtheturner died in the early hours of Thursday morning.

He wouldn't want me to go into any great detail but he had been diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas earlier in the week. As his wife, Lesleysaid to me this morning, it is exactly the way he would have wanted it.

I have known Trev for as long as I have been a forum member and we have egged each other on at the Ledbury auctions (I still owe him a bacon sarnie). He would randomly turn up at my workshop for a chinwag (for several hours) and used to threaten to cut down our "big ugly laburnum tree that could be put to much better use as candlesticks!

I know that many of you have met him and will miss him. Although I never really knew him that well I feel that I have lost a good friend.

My best wishes and condolences are with Lesley and the family.

Tim

PS: I hope that the mods approve of the posting here - I don't think Trev was off topic. I will also put a link in the turning section

Oh my gosh. I really don't know what to say. I'm speechless and very saddened.

Trev was a lovely man...always willing to help out and he had a delightfully philosophical outlook on life. Whenever I wanted to get a second opinion on something I always knew that I could turn to Trev for some good, honest advice.

He will be sadly missed.

Roger

Tim,
What very sad news indeed. I had never met Trev but from what I knew of him he seemed like a very nice bloke and I am sure he will be greatly missed by his friends and family.

Thank you for letting us know (and of course there is no problem with posting in this section).

Oh my. How terribly, terribly sad and such a loss. Trev was such a nice chap and so helpful. I use one of the beautiful pens he turned for me last Christmas all the time. He'll be very much missed.

Tim, please pass on my best wishes to his family. Seems so inadequate though.

Alf

I am really saddened by that news. Trev. came to Wales to see me after I had sent him a few turning objects, and he gave me two bowls that he had turned,I will think about him now every time I look at them.

My condolences to his family.

Alan.

Tim, please pass our condolences onto Lesley and the family.
Trevor and I put the world to rights via e-mail on a regular basis, he invited me to his home and encouraged me greatly when I first started turning.

I do not feel ashamed to admit that I am in tears as I type this.

So sorry to hear of Trevors passing...Tim please pass on my condolances to Lesley and the rest of his family

Ian

I am truly saddened by his passing. I hade a few conversations with him and he seemed a genuinely nice bloke always willing to help others.

Tim, I hope you can convey our condolences to his wife and family on their sad loss.

Scrit

Compared to most I am still new here but From what I have seen on here it is a sad lose
Please pass on my condolances to his family.

This is sad news, Trev was one of the first forum members that I met.
Really nice bloke, I am sorry that I never took him up on the offer of visiting his workshop.

Tim, please pass on my condolences to his family.

I have the same problem as Chas.

That is such sad news. I have known trev for a while from another forum before finding him on here, used to pm quite regular. Like Alf, i too use one of his beautiful pens that he was kind enough to send me.

He will be greatly missed and i send my condolences to all his family.

Matt.

That's a real shock. I worked with Trevor for a month in 1990 and another month in 1991 and we got on really well. I was delighted to "meet" him again through this Forum - now this news - sad and speechless.

Ray.

:cry:

Trev was a gentleman of the old school who had a sense of humour matched only by the depth of his generosity. He helped me out on a number of occasions (especially in moving wood) and he offered sound advice to anyone here who needed it. It was easy to relax in Trev's company; he was always so warm and easy-going. I'm deeply saddened by the news that I've lost a good friend.

Tim, I hope you'll pass on my family's condolences to Lesley. Thank you for telling us the sad news.

Gill

I'm in a state of shock....Gill e-mailed me with the news. I haven't been on the forums here much lately...just to busy. The news hits hard. I've never met Trev but we conversed via e-mail about turning. He was trying to help me learn a bit on the lathe. There just isn't enough nice things that can be said about a guy who is willing to put such time in trying to teach a lady from across the ocean how to hold a chisel properly....
Just now wish I could say my good-byes properly but this forum will have to do...Please give all in his family...to include his shepard hugs....Tis a sad day......
Lin

Hi Tim

Thank you so much for posting. I am devastated as it was only this week that I thought I must contact Trev as I hadn't seen him posting for a little while.

Lesley is a wonderful lady and Trev was a wonderful man.

Neil

I never met Trev but felt I knew him through this Forum.

Very sad news.

Tim, please pass on my condolences to Trev's family.

Paul

Very sorry to hear the bad news , loosing mates is a horrible thing to deal with . Loosing Family is devastating ! My thoughts to all that knew and loved him .
Jason .

I am so very sorry to hear this. I am sure where ever he is, he will have a lathe by his side, and chisels in his hands.

Mike

Latest posts

Back