trend gloat!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilyweely

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a result today at the auction, I managed to get a Trend Stair Jig, and a Trend M & T jig, all for 12 quid.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

However it appears that the mortice and tenon jig is missing one of the f-clamps and I am not quite certain that the angle thingy is working perfectly.

I haven't had chance to pick them up yet, so am not able to post a pic yet. But does anyone have a mortice and tenon jig by Trend that they can tell me about; would I be able to put a normal f clamp in it's place? Maybe if I trim the end of the clamp off so it fits thru the slot? ( I think anyone with the jig will understand this)

And are they trend jigs any good? My DT jig is not so great, but the stair jig looks good.

Thanks folks, I promise to post some pics monday/tuesday! :lol:

Neil

PS - I think this is my first official gloat, sorry. Just my luck if you guys tell me they are both useless! :?

Hello Neil, I bought an incomplete Trend M & T jig and was able to buy the missing bits from Trend via my local dealer, Data Tools. I downloaded a couple of user articles from various mags which pointed me in the right direction. Best of luck with your gloatworthy bits!
Cheers,
Jim

Thanks gower

can you tell me if i would be able to use normal F-clamps instead of the trend ones supplied with the jig?

I think I can if I trim the ends off, in order to be able to slot it in.

Cheers mate

Neil

Go to Trend site and you can download the instruction for the jigs. This will probably be better as you will be able to see how things go together. The clamps slide in from the back and have screws to hold them in place

Neil, you've bloody well done it again!
If you keep that stair jig, can I make a copy of it?
Cheers Dude.
Told you to take your wallet!
Adam

Back