Trend airshield pro spares or replacement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobblezard

1 step forward, 2 back, 2 forward - rest - repeat
Reaction score
Hi, I have a four year old Trend Airshield Pro. Somehow some moisture got in and the tiny bushes on the motor unit fused and corroded. I've had a look around and the replacement motor is £90-110 which seems very expensive.
Does anybody have any ideas where I could source cheaper. Or a damaged Unit that a motor could be scavenged from?
Trying to work out whether to fix this, it's been ok but is a little heavy for prolonged use. Or replace it with the new Axminster model
Does anyone have experience of this/both?
Thanks, Rob

I can only suggest going into a model aircraft shop, the advance's in electric aircraft motors and batteries is quite astounding, a good knowledgable shop will be able to help I'm sure.

Mike

If you mean the brushes, is it possible to clean them off of the armature and replace them? I see that the motor and fan is sold as a complete unit but sometimes it's possible to replace carbon brushes by cutting down similar items. Just a thought.

Thanks Paul, I thought about trying to replace the brushes, but they were tiny, in a quite difficult to access aperture and made of, I think, sprung copper. All too delicate and fiddly for me.

Mike, the model shop might be worth a go, we've only one locally but its a well established business.

The motor and fan are a complete unit and the size is critical, so I think the options are (to get someone else to) repair the existing motor, replace the motor/fan unit or buy a new respirator...

Back