• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

TransferWise account

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a TransferWise account?

If so, any opinions, reviews, thoughts etc?

Jonathan S

Established Member
Reaction score
I use currency fair....simular set up... i would use any of them over a bank.....when I moved out of the UK along with my finances my English bank actually lost my money.....took them approximately 14 days to find it....was a little worrying!

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

eezageeza

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, we used to use them to pay foreign suppliers (before we retired last year) and a family member who receives payments from several different countries in a range of currencies also uses them.
Prompt, competitive rates (way, way cheaper than high street banks!) no worries at all.

Steliz

Camberwell Carrot
Reaction score
I use them regularly and I would highly recommend them for cost, ease of use and communication.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
For anybody else with a slight interest...

I have signed up for a debit card account through them. That part was easy enough and took a few mins, plus a photo of my passport, and £20. The £20 is credited to the account, and also serves as an ID check- it comes from a bank account.

I am due to get paid some money in dollars which is the main reason for setting this up. I also travel a bit, and like to buy tools in dollars when I am in the USA. All round, it appears to be a good thing. Time will tell for me.