Toy Chest Plans/Pictures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve-O

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

My wife and I are expecting our first child soon and I would love to make the little one a nice toy chest that will last them for years. I've had a look around on Google and there are some lovely examples but I cant seem to find any plans... I've also done a search on here and again, I cant really find anything. Now I'm not after some plans to work strictly to, just something for ideas or inspiration...

Does anyone on here have any links to WIP's or pictures of their builds they would like to share with me?

Also, I'm thinking oak or pine or a combination of the two but if anyone has any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :wink:

Stephen

if you do a search on the forum, there are a few WIP's. I know because I am in the process of making one myself, albeit between other projects.

As well as "toy chest", search for "toy box", "ottoman", "blanket box", "blanket chest" etc.

Pie or oak will be fine, i personally wouldnt mix the two.

the one that i have planned in my mind is probably similar to another on here, and should be quite standard. it will be 4 corner posts, connected by top and bottom rails. In this slides some panels, separated by a mid divider/muntin.

just-finished-this-today-t45972.html?hilit=blanket%20chest
blanket-box-in-english-oak-finished-wip-piccies-t38186.html?hilit=oak%20carving%20daughter

My one is based on a combination of the above 2. There are a few discussions on here about hinges and sources thereof.

Whilst there are probably no plans as such, when you see the construction methods, it iseasy enough to work out the sizes that you want.

Thank you kindly for the replies. There are some great ideas and inspiration there, just what I was looking for :D

And of course, I will post some pics of both.

Stephen.

Latest posts

Back