Totobobo Dust mask - My experiences!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dissolve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm suffering with my allergies at the moment. and with my ever growing paranoia regarding wood dust, I came across these:
http://uk.totobobo.com/

I have ZERO affiliation with Totobo, I'd just like to share my experience. They're designed for pollution, so I figured wood dust would be no match for one of these. I liked that it was not obtrusive and that it wouldn't obstruct my glasses!

I saw a few reviews from woodworkers in the US saying they're great, and I must say, as far as wearing anything on your face goes whilst working, this is comfortable. The only negative I have to say is that it heats up quite quickly and needs regular washing (which is very easy due to the plastic construction). You can also submerge the mask in hot water and "mould" the mask to the shape of your face/nose etc.

It's soft, comfortable, replacement filters are cheap, seems scientifically up to the job and also reasonably priced to begin with. I would rather wear this most of my woodworking day than a full face mask/awful paper mask half the day.

What do you guys think? They aren't designed for woodworking but after a bit of research I can't think of a better solution, specially for glasses wearers! :)

It certainly looks a good mask, Im considering trying one as the masks I normally wear always cause my glasses to fog up.

RobinBHM":27w1dr23 said:
It certainly looks a good mask, Im considering trying one as the masks I normally wear always cause my glasses to fog up.

It's great. I was sceptical about the efficiency of it, but the filter picks up so muchy light brown mdf dust that I'm confident it's doing it's job. With decent dust extraction I think it's the best I could find. It doesn't fog up your glasses and you can re-shape it to fit your nose exactly, glasses fit over it perfectly and goggles over the top is comfortable.. it can just be a bit of a tangle with the straps! :D

Not sure how it compares to a more woodworking orientated mask like an airace or powercap or similar in terms of efficiency of the filtering ?

Cheers, Paul

paulm":2m0yuoi6 said:
Not sure how it compares to a more woodworking orientated mask like an airace or powercap or similar in terms of efficiency of the filtering ?

Cheers, Paul
They claim filtration down to 0.3 microns, which is pretty good in a mask of this type; A facemask with P3 filters goes down to 0.2 microns, I think??

petermillard":244eis0v said:
paulm":244eis0v said:

Cheers, Paul
They claim filtration down to 0.3 microns, which is pretty good in a mask of this type; A facemask with P3 filters goes down to 0.2 microns, I think??

They offer three types of filters, a 92%/94%/96% and in all honestly if you clean shaven it would be a doddle to a tight seal!

From good old wikipedia !

European standard EN 143 defines the following classes of particle filters that can be attached to a face mask:

Class Filter penetration limit (at 95 L/min air flow)
P1 Filters at least 80% of airborne particles
P2 Filters at least 94% of airborne particles
P3 Filters at least 99.95% of airborne particles

Personally I will stick to P3 filtration levels if I'm in a situation where a mask seems appropriate.

Cheers, Paul

Latest posts

Back