Tormek Honing Wheel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Carl,

I use liquid paraffin which seems to work well. Can get small bottles from the chemist or larger from horse/agricultural supplies type places.

Can probably use other types too, willbe interesting to hear what other people use.

Cheers, Paul :D

I use 3in1 oil, which is probably wrong to do but it seems to work OK

Cheers, Ed

Carl":2u8oj7hm said:
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what oil to use to condition the leather honing wheel on a Tormek.

Carl

Carl , its not a oil thats used but a paste

Axminster do it , part number 910077 Tormek Honing Paste PA-70

£5.21 a tube

Blister":1k0bjqkg said:
Carl":1k0bjqkg said:
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what oil to use to condition the leather honing wheel on a Tormek.

Carl

£5.21 a tube

Blister, tormek recommend that you use a thin oil on the honing wheel as well as the paste. I thinit s to make the leather more supple and to help the paste soak in.

Carl, try Camelia oil form Axminster - I think 3 in 1 would be fine, but Camelia has no smell and is used to protect tools from rusting and so makes a good choice

I use mineral oil - that's what the American Tormek representative and guru Jeff Farris recommends.
Mineral oil is paraffin oil is baby oil is ... lots of names. Ikea sell big containers of it or as chisel says you can get it in a chemist. But baby oil is the same thing but sometimes with a scent which you may or may not like!
Cheers
Gidon

I use liquid parrafin as thats what Brimarc use when they demo it at shows. You also need to use a little of the paste.

Jason

Tony":2slpq0w5 said:
Blister":2slpq0w5 said:
Carl":2slpq0w5 said:

Carl

£5.21 a tube

Blister, tormek recommend that you use a thin oil on the honing wheel as well as the paste. I thinit s to make the leather more supple and to help the paste soak in.

Carl, try Camelia oil form Axminster - I think 3 in 1 would be fine, but Camelia has no smell and is used to protect tools from rusting and so makes a good choice

Tony , thanks for that snippet of info :lol:
You learn somthing new on here every day :p

Does the oil go on first then the paste or the other way round ?? :?

oil it first then apply paste, here is some info for you all,,, if and when you have used all your paste, dont buy another. buy some cheap toothpaste. it is cheaper and does the same thing, if not better in my veiw. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back