Tormek 7 and 2000

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apache_sim

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking at Tormeks today in Elmers in Kesgrave. They had a T7 and 2000 side by side and apart from the colour (Blue v Green). The only other differences I could see were the graduations on the tool rest on the T7 and two clamping nuts on the horizontal mounting position.

Is there such a big difference?

The T7 has several improvements over the earlier models. In particular, several parts are now stainless steel so they don't rust.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Apache_sim":sdgzhif4 said:
I was looking at Tormeks today in Elmers in Kesgrave. They had a T7 and 2000 side by side and apart from the colour (Blue v Green). The only other differences I could see were the graduations on the tool rest on the T7 and two clamping nuts on the horizontal mounting position.

Is there such a big difference?

Are they selling the 2000?

They had one on the shelf that was incomplete, after much deliberation I bought it with a 10% discount, only thing missing was a basic sharpening guide.
One went on Ebay yesterday second hand for the same price I paid at Elmers. They are a good bunch of guys at Elmers.

Apache_sim":2rdjuzm8 said:
They had one on the shelf that was incomplete, after much deliberation I bought it with a 10% discount, only thing missing was a basic sharpening guide.
One went on Ebay yesterday second hand for the same price I paid at Elmers. They are a good bunch of guys at Elmers.

Sounds like a bargain =D>

I was going to say that you could have bought an oilstone and bundle of rags instead but that might start an argument - so I won't :wink: :D

Bob

Hi I am part of the team who are responsible for Tormek in the UK and Ireland.

The Tormek 2000 model is fully compatible with all upgrades, jigs, accessories and spare parts for the T-7. You can download the manual from Tormek.com.

Please PM me if you have any questions, or contact me through BriMarc.com/contact, I am delighted to help.

Martin Brown

Latest posts

Back