Tooth Fairy Bell

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazmaniandevil

Established Member
Reaction score
You know how it is..... The kids' teeth start to fall out, so you wait for the tooth fairy to do his/her stuff. The kids panic because they think the tooth fairy wont be able to find them. Then they panic that the 5p coin the tooth fairy leaves in place of the tooth will get lost. (and sometimes it does.)

The answer?

The tooth fairy bell. Put the tooth inside the dish and ring the bell. The tooth fairy turns up, and takes the tooth, leaving a shiny 5p piece in the dish where it wont get lost.
tooth fairy bell outside - 640.JPG

tooth fairy bell open - 640.JPG

tooth fairy bell inside - 640.JPG

Timber is spalted beech, clapper is elm, and the finial/handle is an off-cut of banksia nut. Finish is shellac, buffed to a shine.

I do think I'm getting less rubbish at this turning malarkey

Attachments

• tooth fairy bell inside - 640.JPG
    tooth fairy bell inside - 640.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,088
  • tooth fairy bell open - 640.JPG
    tooth fairy bell open - 640.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,088
  • tooth fairy bell outside - 640.JPG
    tooth fairy bell outside - 640.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,088
Grahamshed":2ld2svgm said:
How do you get away with only 5p ?
Ahhhh... thinking back to my own childhood. Back then it was a shilling of course, which was a lot of money. When ours were young enough to lose milk teeth, I seem to remember the tooth fairy sending a bill for £1 a tooth.

I'm thinking a nice bit of satin would finish off the inside. I'm also wondering whether a bell like the ones for pet collars would be better than the wooden clapper. I like the idea of the wooden ball, and the 2 staples to hang it, but the bell might sound more fairy-like.

I like it and like the idea of the little metal bell as the children can say it is to call tinkerbell or whatever the tooth fairies name is.

just be thankful your kids are not sharks. at £1 a tooth you would soon be bankrupt

Latest posts

Back