Tool steel suppliers - flat stock

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilO

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
a friend has asked me to make a couple of bushcraft knives, now the handles arent a problem he wants wood , but I need to obtain a small amount of tool steel for the blades (making them to his design) so I cant use readily bought knife blanks...
Does anyone know a good suppliers of said steel?, guess this is one for the planemakers and such `round these parts :wink:

TIA

Hi, I brought some off ebay once sold specifically for making knives, but habe also brought from tilgear.

cheers for that RK, not a great user of ebay (the fleecing B*****ds), but interesting to know Tilgear do it..

my thoughts exackerly, Mark..
hes the one chap that could point me in the right direction, and maybe I`ll have to pick his brains about hardening/tempering the blades too... :D

My spider sense is tingling....... :lol:

I've used Tilgear in the past but now use www.cromwell.co.uk for my supplies. Fast delivery, good prices and they hold a LOT of stock.

Any questions on heat treating, tempering or tea drinking - just shout!

Cheers
Philly :D

Reliable as ever fellas, thanks..

Philly, was that spidey sense or just your ears burning :lol:
may just take you up on that chat, dependant on info I can glean from the net..

JasonB, imperial or metric, dont think its gonna matter by time I bashed it about some :shock:

but again , thanks for the info/websites

Another vote for cromwell here

They have lots of sizes & good prices

Their website takes a bit of getting used to though

Back