Tool shops

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greedo

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a really good tool shop. I live in Glasgow but to be honest there is only one decent tool shop but even then he has limited stock.

I want a shop with a great selection of planes, cabinet scrapers, making equipment and Japanese saws etc....

I will travel as have friends in various locations around the uk and could tie in a shopping trip with visiting friends.

The Weegie":2nv2wc47 said:
Hi Greedo. What shop is it that you visit in Glasgow???

Bills tool store. Good enough but just find it a bit limited with real quality things

Yeh Bill's tool store is a great store in the barras. You are right about them being limited to quality tools.

I have always bought similar items from Rutlands or axminster because of the same reason as yourself. I know that crockets in Glasgow sell Record Irwin and Stanley Planes. Not to sure about japanese saws though.

The Weegie":9u2yghyj said:
Yeh Bill's tool store is a great store in the barras. You are right about them being limited to quality tools.

I have always bought similar items from Rutlands or axminster because of the same reason as yourself. I know that crockets in Glasgow sell Record Irwin and Stanley Planes. Not to sure about japanese saws though.

Cheers mate

Greedo":187wb26k said:
Can anyone recommend a really good tool shop. I live in Glasgow but to be honest there is only one decent tool shop but even then he has limited stock.

I want a shop with a great selection of planes, cabinet scrapers, making equipment and Japanese saws etc....

In terms of the more exotic brands, I don't think there are more than 5 in the UK :-(

BugBear

Back