Tool shops Bath, Bristol or Swindon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi,

New to the forum and hoping someone can help. I want to kit a workshop out with a Bandsaw, table saw and morticer. I've done quite a bit of research on the internet but want to actually go and see some kit. Does anyone know of any shops that stock this sort of stuff in Bath, Bristol Swindon or in-between ? I've been hunting around and can't find anyone

thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum.

Not exactly in your specified area, but not a million miles away is Tewkesbury Saw in (surprise, surprise) Tewkesbury. They've got a fair selection of Jet, Scheppach and Record and are usually pretty helpful.

Good luck,

Paul

Hello Paul and welcome.

Two worth mentioning in Bristol are Bell Tools (Gloucester Road) and Pan Tools (somewhere in Bedminster).

I've not actually been to either myself but I've only heard good things about these places from other people.

I'm quite "lazy" :wink: and instead tend to buy most of my kit online from places like Axminster, based on the views of other people on these forums - yet I always seem to end up regretting I didn't buy that 14" bandsaw or spend the extra £100 to get a better built planer! :roll: :wink:

Hi Paul,

I know the owner Angus Bell, of Bell tools very well. (He's the manager of te football club that I am the Chairman of) They don't sell machinery, but do some fantastic deals on powertoools, especially Makita, so worth a look if you are going down the powertool route at some stage.
Pan tools used to have a limited amount of machnery, but I haven't been in there for a few years now.
William Grey in Bristol might be worth a shout, they used to keep some machinery. I think they are called Fastfix now though.

Andy

If you come up to Tewkesbury Saw also worth going that little bit further to Toollite at Mitcheldean, lots of kit to compare although I have not had a lot of luck with getting advice there, better to go to Tewksbury Saw for that.

Your near Bath? then your in striking distance of both Yandles and Axminster Tools... :wink:

PS welcome to the MADHOUSE...

thanks for the advice. I'd never heard of Yandles and its good to hear tewkesbury saw are helpful. Think I'll be visiting those two in the next couple of weeks and hopefully coming home with some gear.

I checked out the Yandles website and it looks like they've got a load of kit so I think I'll be leaving the girlfriend in the house (she's not that keen on looking at morticers funnily enough) !

thanks

Paul

Paul

If your going to Yandles then you should make the effort to go to Axminster as well as it's worth the visit...

Cheers Lee I will do. Strange thing is I rang Axminster yesterday to ask if when visiting the shop I could buy a bandsaw and take it home (to save the £45 postage) but was told I couldn't because they don't hold stock there, seems a strange policy (and has put me off buying something from them)

Has anyone had the same experience ??

Welcome to the forum Paul,
When I visited the shop two years ago the item I wanted wasn't stocked in the shop, so I had to go and pick it up in their warehouse about 1/2 mile up the road.

Give them another ring and tell them that you could go back to yandles and spend your £xxxx there instead.

PaulRees":2fbagbhr said:
Cheers Lee I will do. Strange thing is I rang Axminster yesterday to ask if when visiting the shop I could buy a bandsaw and take it home (to save the £45 postage) but was told I couldn't because they don't hold stock there, seems a strange policy (and has put me off buying something from them)

Has anyone had the same experience ??

Paul

The warehouse they have is huge stocked top to bottom with machinery, try again I'm sure you could collect and if not why not I'm sure they will have it there?

thanks for the advice. I'm going to try and get down there in the next week or two so will let you know how i get on

Latest posts

Back