Tool chest

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rknott2007

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is my lastest addition to the storage family, the design is based on the 'snap on' tool chests in the automotive industry I really like cars but seein as i'm no good at metal work I'd fort i'd add a woody twist to create my chest. It has 7 drawers with full extension runners, it is made from mdf with a black cellulose lacquer finnish, cherry fronts and some brushed nickel handles, all drawers are lined with black carpet to protect them lil toolies.

DSC00245.jpg
[/img]

DSC00246.jpg

[/img]
DSC00247.jpg

Nice work mate. :D :D :D

Puts my metal ones to shame. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Gary

Very smart. I've come back for another look - that's really very spiffy, I'm jealous. Where did you get the draw runners?
Cheers Mike

Too good for a workshop, it's better than my kitchen units =D>

Are there any runners on the two small drawers? if there are runners how did you fit the centre runners between the two small drawers as there appears to be no dust frames between any of the drawers to fit a vertical piece for the runners to be screwed to?

thank you thank you, no plans i'm affraid, its all in me noggin, i got the runners frrom screwfix, and the handles, it was quite a quick project, all the spraying took most of the time.

there is one piece of mdf that runs underneath the small drawers wiv a small vertical piece to which i attached the runners, its all very tight in there as i wanted as many drawers as possible, i will add some more pics at the weekend to explain it more clearly.

very nice job, but I think you could have opened all the drawers fully so we could have a peek inside, you'd also get some gloat marks out of it.

Lovely tool chest Rob! Well done! =D>

That's not dust on your black carpet is it? :wink: :lol:

Lovely job Rob. Wouldn't have it in my kitchen though - it would show up the rest of the units! The vertical detail on the drawers is good - not much, but adds a lot of visual interest.

Ted

Latest posts

Back