TONGUE AND GROOVE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steadphil

Reaction score
i need to make some tongue and groove boarding for some doors. they need to have a small bead running along the tongue, but i dont which cutter to buy, i have looked through the axminster catalogue and cant seem to see one and have also looked through the trend catalogue. I have bought a cutter to shape skirting boards by mistake and would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. can anybody help me?

Hi - are you definitly wanting to go the router route? There are plenty of moulding planes on ebay for sale that can help you do what you need to do.

If you ahve bought the wrong cutter and not used it, try asking Trend for a replacement. My experience is that they are very customer-friendly and will do their best to help you out.

Technically it shouldn't be a problem, I wouldn't have thought.

If the doors are to be painted you can buy MDF boards with T&G all ready moulded in it, will save you a lot of time. the shape is a double V with a bead in between.

I think the bead runs along the groove side normally - certainly easier to machine on that edge.

You need something like this that page explains about all you need to know as well.

As Jake says the beading cutter is what you need, you won't get a cutter that does the T/G as well as the bead in one go.

Jason

I always think the standard router cutters for the single bead ar a bit big and clunky for some classes of work. A scratch stock or beading plane is capable of a much smaller, more delicate bead

Scrit

Latest posts

Back