Today she learnt to use a hammer.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frugal

Established Member
Reaction score
When I got home this evening my 5 year old daughter proudly showed me the certificate she got from school saying that she knows how to safely use a hammer. "Next week we will learn how to use screwdrivers and then drills, and then I can help you do your woodwork!". She exclaimed.

Apparently they were hammering real nails into real wood after being taught how to use the hammer safely.

I am not sure which part made me more pleased, the look on her face; the fact that she would like to help me out; or the fact that the school is actively teaching 5 year old kids practical skills without worrying about wrapping them up in cotton wool.

Absolutely terrific. A very rare school in this day and age and IMHO a hammer is one of the hardest tools to use properly, you simply can't start too young.

Excellent - all my 6 year old learns at school is bloody French..... :lol:

Cheers

Karl

Karl":3ejpphrc said:
all my 6 year old learns at school is bloody French.....

How to use a hammer on the French? That's just wrong.....

OH no it isn't :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back