Today’s mystery tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizard

Established Member
Reaction score
Today’s mystery tool

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 1,847
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,844
there's a certain similarity to a wire stretching tool for fencing but it's very small for that. I doubt it's an elastrator, they usually have four pins. Any chance of seeing it squeezed?

I'm assuming (but will ask anyway...) that there's no writing, marks, logos or numbers anywhere?

BugBear

Hi Folks I think this is a can opener. The pointed bit was poked into the can and the rest provides a scissoring motion with a mechanical advantage to cut the metal of the can. I am sure my Grandma had one like that.

Regards -------Arnold

Does it work? If the pointed end goes into the can, how does squeezing the handles make it cut?

On the handle there is some very faint engraving that can only just be seen with a very powerful magnifying glass, i can just make out the word CAMP then a picture of a boy scout then TIN OPENER. One side works as a tin opener and the other side as a bottle opener.

wizard":16klb9gn said:
On the handle there is some very faint engraving that can only just be seen with a very powerful magnifying glass, i can just make out the word CAMP then a picture of a boy scout then TIN OPENER. One side works as a tin opener and the other side as a bottle opener.

Result !!!! When all else fails read the instructions !!!!

Cheers-----Arnold

Is that "bottle opener" not the part that was hooked under the rim of the tin and forced into the top edge of the tin to puncture it?

That other end looks a bit blunt to puncture it.

Andy

Latest posts

Back