To all members living near or far

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinytim1458

Established Member
Reaction score
if you can drive you are close enough even if you are just outside the South or north Gloucestershire area.
A Place that has been running in Nailsworth for more than 5 years would love anyone to come.

whether you like doing woodwork, woodturning, longbow making inactive any kind of woodwork or silver work, blacksmithing, upholstry or anything else you can think they do not or do do they do it.

You Mention you want to do something to them and they will get the materials and the expertise for you to do it.

They have a men's shed on a Tuesday afternoon and evening but everyone is invited so you don't have to be a man, other days they do other courses or if you have one project you want to do you can keep coming in to do it till it is finished then you can start on something else after if you want.

They have expertise in anything or know some people who do as well.

Some have made violins, electric and other guitars, small hand held harps and many other music instruments

They have a big two storey building that is so much bigger on the inside than it looks from the front.

They have places for people who are between jobs and can find them something to do or learn.

They are a charity so they are always looking for funding but they do that themselves plus they have a production workshop that they sell things they make to also raise funds.

No cost for using the services and if you make something they only require a donation for the material that you have used up and that is usually a lot less than it would have cost for the bare material before you did anything to it.

They would give any workshop a run for its money as they have equipment and machines coming out of their ears plus if they cannot afford to buy something or it is not available they will make it themselves.

They have made community benches that they have donated around so someone can put their loved ones name on it in a place which was their favourite walk or meeting place.

They are making a treadle Lathe at the moment but they have also made a guitar amp powered by a bicycle.

coffee, tea, biscuits and live banter and jokes come free.

if you are in the area or passing by come in and say hello or put your feet under the table of one of many work benches and ask to make something if you do not know what you want to make they have plenty of ideas and help.

One young lady made her dad's and mom's wedding bands for them out of silver.

I myself am making a veneered dovetail box for my wife's birthday all by hand no machines except when I have to split the top from the bottom for fitting hinges.

Well worth a visit to anyone from anywhere but you have to at least visit and get to know more if you live anywhere in the gloucestershire area or stroud district.

Go to www.practicalintelligence.org.uk

Or look up Nailsworth men's shed and talk to Gavin or Pam. Contact no or email is on the front web page if you want to contact them first.

See you there.

Tim

Tim,

That looks like a great resource for the community - I hope your box turns out well for your wife's birthday.

Kev

Oh man... Wish I'd heard of this 5 years ago... I'll have to find a way to swing by - wood AND metal / silversmithing? Amazing.

Latest posts

Back