Timely reminder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenf

Established Member
Reaction score
I threw back the duvet cover and saw it was covered in light brown patches. It was fine last evening.

My beautiful cast iron table saw had the beginnings of rust, even though I leave it covered when not in use (with an old duvet cover, not a duvet proper). It must have been light condensation due to the freezing nights taking its temperature down then the warmer day's air touching it. A rub with wire wool and a coat of polish was hastily applied. Perhaps I should tuck my baby up in a full duvet!

Anyway let this be a timely reminder to those who have machines in garage workshops not to leave them for too long a period. Check 'em out.

Put a low wattage bulb inside/underneath (low voltage for safety? 7-12 watts is ample) out of the way of dust traps of course, leave on 24/7.
It's enough to keep the machine above room ambient if you have cover over.

I am off to get a de-humidifier in the morning! Noticed the damp creeping in last night!

Dave

Thanks all.

CHJ.
Do you think a set of christmas tree lights would be adequate?

It would look seasonal as well.

kenf":3tayehub said:
Thanks all.

CHJ.

Wattage probably ok and would be colorful but not very safe from a dust point of view, not to sure about the safety aspects of twin wire mains and no earth. Xmas lights are not exactly high quality electrics.

A couple of christmas's ago, I had christmas tree lights all over the workshop! Probably were a bit unsafe, but it felt very festive.

CHJ":2cibpz5f said:
kenf":2cibpz5f said:
Thanks all.

CHJ.

Wattage probably ok and would be colorful but not very safe from a dust point of view, not to sure about the safety aspects of twin wire mains and no earth. Xmas lights are not exactly high quality electrics.

Back