Tidying and Senior Moments

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harbo

In Memorium
Reaction score
Despite the freezing weather I felt the urge to do something productive today and make some handles.
I got the lathe ready, timber installed and dividers to hand - but where were my brass ferrules?
Two hours later and frozen I found them - carefully put away, inside a box, inside another box with other brass bits to keep safe!
The number of times I do this!!
I can always remember where they used to be but never where I have "tided" them?
#-o
Perhaps I should keep a relocation chart?

Rod

I think the logical solution is to be untidy. Works for me ;)

I spent over half an hour looking for the allen key tio adjust my button chuck today - eventually found it tucked inside my belt where i had put it for safe keeping so it wouldnt get lost - doh

Harbo":2esvt0t4 said:
I can always remember where they used to be but never where I have "tided" them?
#-o
Rod

You're not alone there Rod. I can chuck dozens of things (temporarily :roll: ) into an old biscuit tin and know exactly whats in there months later.
If I tidy up and 'organize' things I always go back to the old tin to try and find what I'm looking for.
There then follows much head scratching, tantrums and naughty words while I try to find the damn things.

And why is it always in the last place you think of looking?

You really ought to think at the start " Where is the last place it would be?"

I often find the garage keys in the freezer! (Not me - I never dunnit)

hi

now what did i do with the paper to write my chart out on ?, :wink: ah yea i think it over hear , now where's is my pencil um um , ah yes it behind my ear. I know the feeling only to well . still keep smiling . hc

I usually carry my specs on a cord around my neck - you know the "old f*rt style", the other day they went missing and I spent some time searching - yes I was wearing them :oops:

Then there was the time I was ready to drive into town - wearing my slippers doh!

Do you really think I should still be using my TS?

Dave

kenf":2vg02elf said:

because you dont go on looking after you've found it so its bound to be in the last place you look !

big soft moose":38kirn51 said:
kenf":38kirn51 said:

because you dont go on looking after you've found it so its bound to be in the last place you look !

Spot on

I think the logical solution is to be untidy.

You and my son would get on well Tom. This morning I wanted the roll of emery cloth, I know where it is, in the metal working shop. Problem? Son and heir has been working in there! I managed to get in far enough to close the door behind and that was it!

At my age memory is the second thing to go!

Roy.

Digit":1gtmxaqy said:
I think the logical solution is to be untidy.

You and my son would get on well Tom. This morning I wanted the roll of emery cloth, I know where it is, in the metal working shop. Problem? Son and heir has been working in there! I managed to get in far enough to close the door behind and that was it!

At my age memory is the second thing to go!

Roy.

You're lucky. I spend ages looking for something and then either:

a) remember that Dan's got it, or
b) phone Dan and he tells me he borrowed it 'whilst I was out'...

At the moment, 2 Japanese saws, a belt sander, my best jigsaw, jigsaw blades (meaning I can't use 2nd best jigsaw), assorted measuring devices...

He tried for the bandsaw, but I wasn't having that, after the chopsaw ended up burnt out in a skip.

And then there's my wife, with my pliers, screwdrivers, abranet (she likes abranet - THEN BUY SOME!), cordless drill, Dremel, and on it goes. And everything she borrows comes back spattered in paint - today my glasses repair kit made an unexplained reappearance after several years! Covered in paint spatters...

Yep! Then they tell you that's what dads are for don't they? :lol:
He's gonna have to do some tidying this week end though, we had a tree fall over night, rotten right through, and a lot of his 'junk' is in the way of the logging operation.

Roy.

My good mate says he doesn't have "SENIOR" moments, he has (which I think is very apt on this forum) "CRAFT" moments..................

Can't
Remember
A
F******
Thing!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark :ho2

Back