Three Gorges Dam

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shultzy

Established Member
Reaction score
If any one is interested I've just posted the final set of pics from my Chinese adventure last year. They show the trip down the Yangtze from Chongqing through the Three Gorges Dam and on to Yichang. There are also a few robins in the birds gallery.

Regret unable to view web page myself most probably due to settings enforced by the library PC rules of downloading.

What was your impression of China Shultzy? I have been there many times now and enjoy it each time. (SWIMBO is Chinese) It is a bit of a culture shock the first time though. I love the country though. :wink:

Thanks for the memories, did the trip up the Yantze in the oposite direction before the final stage of the Dam was completed and flooding started, together with Xian, Nanjing, Shanghia, Guilin etc. as part of our month in China. Wonderfull experience and people.

Evening,

Glad you enjoyed the trip and some great pictures!
Also, glad to hear the country has changed: The last time I went, had to spend just about every day for best part of a month stood in the middle of a sports stadium being harangued by what seemed to be thousands of people for being a 'lackey of the western imperialists'

Our families didn't know what happened to us for nearly three months - we just disappeared off the face of the earth!

Have thought about going back, but just can't bring myself to do it.

Regards,

Colin

mailee - We went to China to meet up with my daughter who was on the last but one leg of her gap year after she graduated. We booked on the net with a Chinese travel agent. We were picked up from the airport in a limo and then transferred into a people carrier in the middle of a bustling back street, where we paid the $2000+ as the tour balance. Apart from this disconcerting start the tour went exceedingly well. We were with a couple of Americans for the first two days, they then went off to the Silk Road, and then we transferred to a Lexus 4x4. For the next 15 days my wife, myself and daughter plus guide and driver were the only people on the trip. We went to all the local bars, cafes and restaurants with the guide and driver, so we really saw a lot of the real china. The best being in the mountains near the panda reserve when the local cafe owner went out of the back door dropped his net in the river and 2 mins later hauled out a fish. Don't know what it was but it was certainly fresh and tasty. In fact all of the food was very good and the only bout of dickey tummy we had was after we ate the food on the flight home.

I would certainly go back, I have enough stories and memories to fill a book.

Back