Thor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Established Member
Reaction score
Siorrachd Obar Dheathain , ALBA & Now Botesd
I've never tried this before .... a bit of Pyrography. :)

I'm no artist, thats for sure.. but I drew this wee fella onto a bit of sycamore I'd prepared for the attempt last night, just very lightly in pencil.. and have just scorched him in, now ....
Its good fun ! I'll definately have a try at this again !... :lol: :lol:

I'd like to 'finish' it with something.. just because its my first attempt... anyone know what the ideal finish is for something thats been pyrographed ?

Thor : -- >

Very cool !!!

I can't draw for toffee, i'd have to have the platter thin enought to trace thru !!

Loz

I like him.

Before trying a finish make sure you brush the lines out well and if you have one give it a good blow out with compressed air, if you dont the burnt cinders will stain the surface of the wood.

Once cleaned I use standard sanding sealer and wax.

john

Thunderingly well done Jenx,

Here's a Thor-t, for people as good at freehand drawing as me, how about trying embroidery transfers.

CHJ":2azlizqj said:
Thunderingly well done Jenx,

Here's a Thor-t, for people as good at freehand drawing as me, how about trying embroidery transfers.

Chas likes to Hammer the puns home.

That is really cool Jenxy, no artist? I couldn't draw anything like it!! Not being picky or anything but a thunder cloud/lightning bolt behind would be even cooler and finish it off a treat 8) 8)

We wait to see Woden/Odin next, could be a series :D

JT

Thor blimey Alun that looks really good. :D
I'd agree with JT and put something behind as it do look a bit bare.
Nice looking platter too. :D
Will you be using any colurs on it :?:

loz":12gfnk23 said:
Very cool !!!

I can't draw for toffee, i'd have to have the platter thin enought to trace thru !!

Loz

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is an excellent job and I agree with JT.

Brendan

he's a real cutey alun, makes me want to get my pyrography pen out again and burn something.
keep it up mate, its all good stuff..

ThorPY looks very good to me Alun,cant draw you say?? Sure your as good if not better than Mick Angelo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: REgards Boysie.

It's the Thor that counts Alun :wink:

Asterix next?

(you could always do the Gaul lady of ill repute [ NoNix ] :lol: :lol: )

Hi Alun.
Thats a fine drawing there and very well picked out with the pyrograph.

Just a useful bit of advice we picked up at a club meeting we had Joey Richardson giving a demo of some of her piercing techniques and her butterflys are very fine. The method used to put the drawing onto the wood is to photocopy the picture required place the photocopy face side to the wood then rub over the back of the paper with a large felt pen called a "Xylene Transfer Pen" or you could use a cloth pad soaked in xylene based thinners.

I have not seen the transfer pens on sale anywhere but synthetic coach paint thinners is xylene so try that. This process transfers the outline drawing onto the wood for you to burn round or pierce.

Hope this proves useful guys,
Regards,
Ian

Latest posts

Back