This weeks efforts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just some of this weeks efforts,

vessel in Ash 4 x 5 in

S7003648-1-1-1.jpg

Goblet in Bocote 6 in tall

S7003646-1-1.jpg

Scoop in Beech ( wofe wanted it for dispensing washing powder ! - hold around 2 cube inches of powder.

S7003649-1-1.jpg

and this glued up last night for finishing over weekend, birch pine from a pal at work, with mahog base 12 x 6 inch at the moment - things might change if voids appear !

S7003650-1-1.jpg

Regs

Loz

The ply bowl, if you were to turn it down to smooth it would look somewhat like this. The different colour wood in the center is because I decided it might make a good funnel :oops: . Or to tell the truth I dug too much out and went through :mrgreen: Looks OK now and is full of fruit..

Plybowl2.jpg

It's done from what the French call ply but is really c r a p ! Birch ply comes out much nicer though

DSC08420.jpg

I like the little cup and the goblet has the proportions I like. I've made several scoops and given most as pressies. They are used too. A good assortment Loz :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks John,

I did a ply bowl before - its posted here a few years back, was a pain - i dont know why im starting this one as i know i wont enjoy it !!!!

Like the simplicity of the Ash vessel, lets the wood do the talking.

Stretched the tool and process control with the goblet as well.

hi Loz
i really like the ash vessel and the bocote goblet
but although i like the scoop , i cant let you know who (swmbo) see that
cos i know i would have to try turning one.
all very nice turning
cheers paul-c

Thanks Chas,

Hi Paul, The Scoop was simple, just a baseless goblet. Then i taped some 120 abranet to a cylinder between centres, and used it as a horizontal bobbin sander to shape the goblet-cup into a scoop. I didn't go anywhere near the bandsaw, the sanding was as quick !

Loz

Latest posts

Back