Thinking of Cabinetising a table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPM

Reaction score
Hi all, I could do with some advice. I bought for my first table saw an evolution rage 5s. I did a bit of research and it seemed a good saw for the money. I’m pleased with what I have although I have no experience of any others. My problem is however the volume of saw dust. As it’s a ‘site’ tool it seems to have extra holes to enable saw dust to be thrown in all directions. I’ve used tape to block many and that improved things a bit but I am now thinking of taking the legs off and building a cabinet for it to sit on to collect the saw dust ( or at least the majority). I use a shop vac at the moment which is also good but it doesn’t collect enough because the saws sieve like construction. I’ve looked on the net to see the best way to do this and found nothing so because of this is it a bad idea? Am I missing something? Any advice gratefully accepted.

Just an idea....

How about putting a sheet of hardboard with a circle cut out for a oil funnel - the orange ones they sell at halfords stick it to the saw base and attach to you shop vac. Ok you will get some dust build up but most should go down the funnel?

Cheers James

That’s a clever idea. I’ll need to check if the frame gets in the way. It might fit though with some jiggery pockery

Back