Thin kerf 300mm circular saw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acewoodturner

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for a 300mm/305mm ripping blade for my table saw. Thought Freud might do one but could only find 250mm in the thin kerf on their site. Has anyone got got any recommendations and suppliers. Its for ripping down 90mm doug fir and I need to rip quite a lot. Tried the bandsaw but it takes ages even with a Tuff saws bandsaw blade.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Mike

I have been looking for a particular Freud thin kerf blade which only seems to be available in USA you might find the blade your looking for on Amazon .com or ebay

I'm a bit sceptical about thin kerf blades. They seemed to gain popularity along with cordless tools, where the thin kerf stretched out battery life and helped the less powerful motors. But the price you pay is cut accuracy, because as the kerf shrinks so (generally) does the saw plate thickness, and the bigger the blade diameter the greater the problem. If it's for coarse work then okay, but otherwise stick to something beefy but precise.

Back