Thicknesser problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy mark

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My thicknesser is not feeding the wood by itself I am having to push it through by hand, The rollers are moving but they dont seem to grip the timber enough to feed it through any ideas?
Thanks

Usually that means either that the knives are in need of sharpening or there is a build up of resin/wood dust on the rollers.
I usually remove such build ups with meths and a tooth brush, but check the knives as well both for being in need of sharpening or a similar build up.

Roy.

Digit":31akwla4 said:
Usually that means either that the knives are in need of sharpening or there is a build up of resin/wood dust on the rollers.
I usually remove such build ups with meths and a tooth brush, but check the knives as well both for being in need of sharpening or a similar build up.

Roy.
Thanks Roy problem solved I have cleaned the resin/wood dust of, I was surprised how much was on there is there any way of preventing this build up?

I wish I knew of one to be honest. I simply accept that I have to clean the rollers and knives regularly.
Roy.

Back