The things we do for our women

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ste_5150

Established Member
Reaction score
I was coerced into spending almost 5 hours putting braids in SWMBO's hair over the weekend (4 1/2 hours on Sunday night then we ran out of the fake hair, then 1/2 hour last night). Firstly, I'm embarrassed to say I think I did a good job of it, and secondly I'd like to hear all of the annoying things you guys have been made to do over the years. To make me feel better.

After the inevitable, and probably merciless, p**s taking of course. Which I clearly deserve, for giving in and doing it.

:roll:

If I go to bed at the same time as my SWMBO (fairly often), I end up reading a book for a while. If she's in bed first, there's always "If you've got a free hand..." For a back rub! I've lost track of the times she's fallen asleep while I'm getting aches in my shoulders - you try it... Not had a back rub for yonks myself :(

(Edit for a typo).

Mailman14":3eoxjity said:
If I go to bed at the same time as my SWMBO (fairly often), I end up reading a book for a while. If she's in bed first, there's always "If you've got a free hand..." For a back rub! I've lost track of the times she's fallen asleep while I'm getting aches in my shoulders - you try it........

Ah, let me tell you a little secret. You need sensitive fingers though to find the spots. There will be several places in the muscles where they are really knotted up and hurt like hell when prodded firmly. Do that a few times and they soon stop asking :twisted:

ste_5150":ovt8i1oc said:
I was coerced into spending almost 5 hours putting braids in SWMBO's hair over the weekend (4 1/2 hours on Sunday night then we ran out of the fake hair, then 1/2 hour last night). Firstly, I'm embarrassed to say I think I did a good job of it, and secondly I'd like to hear all of the annoying things you guys have been made to do over the years. To make me feel better.

After the inevitable, and probably merciless, p**s taking of course. Which I clearly deserve, for giving in and doing it.

I see nothing to be embarrassed about of particually if you are good at it.

RogerS":yhs9b141 said:
Ah, let me tell you a little secret. You need sensitive fingers though to find the spots. There will be several places in the muscles where they are really knotted up and hurt like hell when prodded firmly. Do that a few times and they soon stop asking :twisted:

Ha! Genius!!! :lol:

lurker":yhs9b141 said:
ste_5150":yhs9b141 said:

I see nothing to be embarrassed about of particually if you are good at it.

Apparently the hourly rate is damned good for the pros, too! Why am I sitting behind a desk all day?!? :wink: Judging by my back pain since the 4.5 hour stint, I don't think I could do it! :-({|=

I've done false nails, make up, bikini wax, driving lessons, sewing, cleaning, ironing, massage and built dressers, fire surrounds, book cases, French doors, beds...

And that's just when I was with the ex wife! :oops:

RogerS":3uuvz0q5 said:
Mailman14":3uuvz0q5 said:
If I go to bed at the same time as my SWMBO (fairly often), I end up reading a book for a while. If she's in bed first, there's always "If you've got a free hand..." For a back rub! I've lost track of the times she's fallen asleep while I'm getting aches in my shoulders - you try it........

Yeah, I know... Trouble is, I'm 39 now, have been massaging necks / backs / whatever (don't ask, a Gentleman never rubs and tells. :wink: ) since I was 16! According to SWMBO, and the rest of the 'harem', as my Stepmother called them, I have "Magic Fingers"... Fun with your partner, but now I'm married, I don't touch other females :roll: :shock: Oh, yeah - I used to be called The tart...

Night Train":3e4br0et said:
I've done false nails, make up, bikini wax, driving lessons, sewing, cleaning, ironing, massage and built dressers, fire surrounds, book cases, French doors, beds...

you sure that wasn't when YOU were the ex wife lol... sorry...

Mailman14":3e4br0et said:
If I go to bed at the same time as my SWMBO (fairly often), I end up reading a book for a while. If she's in bed first, there's always "If you've got a free hand..." For a back rub! I've lost track of the times she's fallen asleep while I'm getting aches in my shoulders - you try it... Not had a back rub for yonks myself

i get that too... even if i've gone to bed first... in she comes light on read book or look at pics on phone etc.. then.. "can you rub my back please"
i could have been asleep for 30mins...
if i come to bed after her... can't turn a light on need to be quiet like a mouse not ruffle the duvet.. snuggle in for a erm rub... get off i'm asleep...

why do we put up with it...?

Night Train":2vsf8f9e said:

I've escaped a few of those, but not that many! In fact, I'm doing the driving lessonns bit at the moment....

The bikini wax bit initially sounds worrying, but I actually think that might be quite satisfying.... Oops, sorry dear... :whistle:

RogerS":rkmmx5mb said:
And where are the WIP pictures?

I'll stop short of posting a complete 'How to..' on the projects section!! :lol:

3746355434_db861c7075_o.jpg

yo_chuci":2clfskll said:
Night Train":2clfskll said:

you sure that wasn't when YOU were the ex wife lol... sorry...
It bleedin' felt like it sometimes.
I had to teach her to drive when she got a job with 50,000+ miles a year of driving, they didn't check that her licence was only provisional so I had to drive for her and teach her at the same time. She passed first time as well and 15 years and no accidents of convictions. We did the lessons and driving with two Skoda Estelles and a spare engine. I used to have to rebuild and service an engine ready for an over night swap when she came home having blown one belting around motorways all day. :lol:

The bikini waxing hurt me more then it hurt her I think, I'm just not sadistic enough. :oops:

Night Train":190qdr6a said:
The bikini waxing hurt me more then it hurt her I think, I'm just not sadistic enough. :oops:

you aint doing it right... sadly i aint allowed to do it...

Mailman14":190qdr6a said:
"You can't live with them, you can't kill them"

you can but its not worth the payback... anyone seen how good the woodshops are inside???

how many people are now gonna say thats how they got into woodworking in the first place lol...

ste_5150":19o89oja said:
RogerS":19o89oja said:
And where are the WIP pictures?

I'll stop short of posting a complete 'How to..' on the projects section!! :lol:

3746355434_db861c7075_o.jpg

Looking at the posters in your room I take the 5150 in your username is a reference to Van Halen :D Nice work with the hair by the way

Jon

yo_chuci":2rl9zg1e said:
how many people are now gonna say thats how they got into woodworking in the first place lol...

ME! That'll be one then, who's next?

JonnyD":3uchjl4a said:
Looking at the posters in your room I take the 5150 in your username is a reference to Van Halen :D Nice work with the hair by the way

Jon

Thanks! You are correct, when I first signed up to aomething on this here interweb, I couldn't think of a username so I used that! Just kept it ever since then, but moved on musically..

Grinding One":3uchjl4a said:
Way to many guitars laying about.... :cry:
Magic fingers can get you a lot of loving....

I think I'm up to 9 so far - that's just the token couple of acoustics on the edge of the pic - the main babies are just off to the right!

Guitar playing keeps the fingers nimble....for the loving.... That's enought of that! :roll:

Back