The Start of a Gloat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
handwrench.jpg

Hmmmm. You say it's not a set of mortice chisels? Well, that rules out the those and the aforementioned dovetail, and as he already does paring and bench, then not likely to be any chisels. Unless it is the carving set...

What else requires fine metalworking tolerances as befits an advanced materials engineer? What about a pair of infill planes? Or on a smaller note, what about plane blades themselves?

Or perhaps you're throwing us a red herring, and it is in fact a set of chisels, but in an alloy he hasn't used for anyone else before?

He lists marking gauges etc on his custom tools section, but I dont know if a set has been produced before.....

Or maybe they are a set of 'tools', but not for the workshop? Kitchen knives, maybe?

A set of engineers' squares?

Ooooh, hold on, what about a set of screwdrivers? That's something that would be an exquisite use of Blue Spruce Tools.....

Ok, that's me out of ideas for the time being.....

Cheers,
Adam

P.S. Im still waiting for him to put his mortise gauge into production :)

Some very good guesses there, Adam(Kalimna) suggested Kitchen Knives or a screwdriver set, These two answers are what I thought might come to mind with the first guesses but they were all wrong.....

Except one guess has got me... :lol:

Wizer

got it

A set of six Butt Chisels. :lol:

As soon as I get them I'll take some pics.
Dave Jeske is quite keen on them too and after this first set is made he intends start selling them on his web site.

It might still be a couple of months wait so watch this space for pics. :lol:

Here's a drawing that Dave Jeske sent me comparing the new Blue Spruce Butt Chisel to a Blue Spruce Bench Chisel
4362417412_580211f41b_b.jpg

Very Nice!!!

I had a play with Trim's (virtually unused) paring chisels at Rycotewood and was mightily impressed with their balance, not to mention the fit and finish. I'm sure that the bench and butt chisels will be of the same standard.

Now that's what I call a gloat!!!

Cheers

Aled

...and my prize is a set of BS Butt Chisels!!! No? Oh ok :roll: :wink:

V.Nice. Can't wait to see them.

Well after a wait of seven months or so Dave Jeske has finally gone into production of the Butt chisels and within a few weeks I should be the proud owner of set No1

Here's a pic of two Butt chisels against one of his bench chisels.
4644621626_659da5be6b_o.jpg
:)

Hey Nibbo's back :D

Good looking chisels those, but also looking forward to seeing what you make with them

Ironballs":3b31vmtg said:
Hey Nibbo's back :D

Good looking chisels those, but also looking forward to seeing what you make with them

I've not been away, just to busy for doing woody stuff as it's the beginning of the sailing season :)

They look the bees knees.

However probably too nice to use!

There was a set of these, full size, in a certain magnificent tool chest in Weymouth that I spotted last year, these also looked as if they were just on display! (Only kidding)

Will they offer the usual choice of woods for handles and how much do we need to re mortgage the house for this time?

Mike

8)

Well after a wait of nine months my BS babies are on the way :) they are being brought to the UK by my broth-in-law who lives in San Francisco, so expect some pics of the very first Blue Spruce Butt Chisel Set to appear here on or about the 16th
3955436367_8d218570ac_o.gif

Latest posts

Back