The right tool for the job?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfnut

Reaction score
Hi all. First post on here. I do some wood sculpture on tree roots, mostly for my own enjoyment. Apart from hand tools, I use an angle-grinder, and a dremel, but for bigger stuff, and particularly when I need to clean out holes etc, the dremel`s inadequate. I recently treated myself to a Bosch GGS28 Die Grinder, but it feels too heavy, and too powerful. Does anyone know if there`s anything out there that fills the gap between the angle grinder and the dremel for cleaning out those tight spots? Thanks

i have an air powered die grinder which isnt much heavier than a dremel. might be worth looking at one- machine mart have them on display to pick up- i am sure other places will too.

Hi Marcros. Thanks for your reply. I dont have a compressor, so I`m looking for something that`s 240v unfortunately...

i am sure that there will be something, but i cant think of anything off the top of my head. You would ony need a small compressor i think- i have a 24l one which wasnt expensive (if all other options fail)

An old bosch router of mine (smallish one, 500w ish) can be removed from its base and used as a die grinder - its still a two handed tool though. I dont know if any current models can do this, if you want something bigger for single handed use then I'm not sure theres anything better than what you already have.

FWIW

Could you use a flexible drive in a hand drill? That way you've got the power without the weight, although you might be limited to size.

~Nil carborundum illegitemi~

hi the trend t4 has a removable base and is lightweight but if you go the compressor route you can add extra tools ie dust blower and orbital sander

Hi I am new here but their are plenty of laminate trimmers available out their that the base is removable from, not very heavy to handle.

Jojo

Back