The new Legacy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Roger at Wood workers workshop has told me that the new Legacy is ready and he wants to show it at the D and M show at Kempton park . The problem is D and M only show the tools they sell and they don't sell the Legacy . Those that have been to the show know they can make space so if you want to see what the Legacy can do why not give D and M a call and ask if they are showing the new Legacy and i will do my bit in trying to get it there ( Please don't mention my name as its my local tool shop and im sure this plot wont go down too well !)
Anyway the new Legacy is £599 , not sure if thats plus VAT but its affordable IMHO .
Now down to why i've posted this . I have nothing to do with WWWorkshop or the Legacy other than owning one . Ive posted because this machine amazes me in what it can do and how fast it can do it without any training other than watching a dvd . It can make things i've never thought i could make and i've been a Carpenter and Joiner for near on 14 years .
Anyway its up to you if you want to see it .
P.S My workshop is always open for a play around on it :)

Pardon my ignorance JFC, but what precisely *is* a Legacy? I always assumed from your sig that you had a particular fondness for a certain model of Subaru!

V.

Jason thanks for your post on the Legacy.

I too didn't know what your sig ment. :oops:

however just had a conversation with Rodger and he is sending out the DVD and info.

is it as good as he says?
if so it is just what i've been looking for :D

thanks

Andy

i'd love to see it in action, be great if it does make it to the D&M Show.

JFC":1e0q63zt said:
The problem is D and M only show the tools they sell and they don't sell the Legacy.

Maybe going off on a bit of a tangent, but this is the downfall of shows.

just had a conversation with Rodger and he is sending out the DVD and info.

is it as good as he says?
if so it is just what i've been looking for

Well im not sure what was said but im sure whatever Roger has said it can do , it can do . Myself i have made architraves for porthole windows , turned 100mm pilasters and fluted them (2 at a time) , copied a fan effect moulding that i saw in one of the mags , Copied existing staircase spindles ( but you need alot of cutters for this ) , Turned a bowl , barley twist and rope moulds , hollow spirals , copied skirting board and cornice mouldings and done dental mouldings . Most of this was just playing around to see if it could do it and it can .
Ive asked Roger to post here about what the new Legacy can do and to point out any bits i've missed as it can do alot more .

I can post some pics of what ive done if anyone wants ?

Thanks for the reply Jason

quick update Roger has rang this evening to confirm the info. will be with me tomorrow.

I have always wanted to make some tables with turned legs and i understand this is well within the capabilities of the Legacy.

Pics would be useful

Andy

Thanks Jason

looking promising

Having to work all weekend on stocktake still i get some extra cash and guess what I'm going to spend it on :lol:

Any pics of legs you have produced :?:

Andy

Erm ive not turned a table leg but i can just for fun if you want :D
something the same sort of size maybe ?
16112006227.jpg

W I P
14062006144.jpg

Messing with a log from the park
logs003.jpg

Nearly there
legacymoulding005.jpg

I've also been in touch with Roger today via Email ............ I've lost my voice so it was the easy way to do it.............

Must say that I was very impressed with the quickness of the replys

so I'm now armed with the price list (midly scared) and a nice pdf file for the new machine and a DVD on the way

Must say that the longer 900 looks more tempting as I'm not sure the 32 inch of the cheaper one is long enough

No thats fine Jason

I know you are busy with your window frames

thank for the advice let you know if/when i buy one

Andy

Nick i have the 900 with the upgrade so it makes it wider and also takes the better template follower . Im not sure what ive spent as i buy bits when i have the spare cash . The spare cash comes from work done on the Legacy :D

The new Legacy REVO came following the visit of Andy Anderson, who designs the Legacy machines and owns Phantom Engineering the manufacturer's of the Legacy, last year when he was demonstrating the Legacy Model 1200 at the Stoneleigh show adjacent to Coventry. People would flock to watch the demonstrations and then someone would break the spell by asking about pricing.

As a result he and I talked about a model to suite the UK market and the size of UK workshops. The result is the REVO which is 45” long by 24” deep and 18” to 24” high and will turn up to 32” between centres and 6” diameter. But it does not just turn it can make Dovetails and Finger Joints (Box), Mortising & Tenons, flatbed milling, follow patterns and rotary table work.

If you want to see it in action I will be at the Mytchett Centre (just off Junction 4 on the M3) on this Sunday between 11 am and 4 pm at the Woodturning Show organised by the Surrey Association of Woodturners.

The address is: -
Mytchett Centre – just behind the BP petrol station
Place Road
Mytchett
GU16 6DD
01252 370073

Junction 4 on M3 take A331 towards Guildford and then 2 miles down road take slip road sign posted Mytchett. Continue along Coleford Bridge Road, to a pair of mini-roundabouts , turn right and the centre is just behind the BP garage, entrance is £2.00 which goes to the wood turning club to offset the cost of the show. Axminster, Crown Tools, and Hegner are there along with Dave Reeks who will be demonstrating turning (a great turner).

I appreciate that some would like to see the Legacy in action at the D&M Show in November but I am afraid the organisers have a policy of only letting their suppliers’ exhibit at the show.

There are additional pictures on the Legacy website at http://www.legacywoodworking.com/revo.cfm

Now this is understandable but I feel somewhat short sighted as people take time out from their busy schedules to attend to not only see tools but also new techniques. With the more conventional shows in decline or at least a major overhaul it is an opportunity for some one to show the way.

The clips don't seem to work for me but it looks like its the same as the demo dvd . I notice Magnate also make custom cutters .

JFC":20nwcc5o said:
The clips don't seem to work for me but it looks like its the same as the demo dvd . I notice Magnate also make custom cutters .

Took a long time to down load but best down loaded vidio I seen so far (the quilty of picture & sound)

I NOW WANT ONE (please)NOW

is it only £500 ??

I've just ordered the new Legacy REVO.
Should be with me for Friday.
Guess what I will be doing all weekend :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep you all posted on how i get on

Andy

Back