The Grand Tour

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
acewoodturner":15jaxws8 said:
Pity Carol Vorderman isn't dead for real. It would have worth watching it for that alone!
???? Bit harsh eh?

Thought overall it was pretty good.

Best one liner - Audi-Volkswagen group.

Good TV and made me glad I'm a prime member atmo.

Cheers

Andrew

An enjoyable watch with the superb production values of their previous Top Gear incarnation. I'll certainly be watching the rest of the series. Obviously not TV that everyone enjoys (SWMBO soon got fed up with it) but it was was I expected from them and they delivered.

Misterfish

I'd rather have needles poked in my eyes than watch anything with those three buffoons in it. I have never got the whole car love thing. To me, they are just a tin box on wheels that usefully get you and stuff from A to B. I find Jeremy Clarkson especially irritating, so no i didn't watch it.

Just watched it now, I thought the intro was very well done, most of the rest of it was the same old same old. They should just have said that the RAF was the best airforce in Britain and avoided that following nonsense.

As I sit at my lonely office desk I can see out of my window, a flat bed lorry with a HIAB and a big label on the cab "Amazon's The Grand Tour". Presumably the HIAB is to lift Clarkson's wallet.

In case anybody's wondering why its parked outside my window, there is a company around the corner that makes props for TV and films. So, are the cars that they drive real or papier mache?

For those that really don't like seeing their faces, I suggest you don't order anything from Amazon for a while :)

The company postage room where we store all the personal post for the staff (mostly christmas presents atm I assume) is full of Amazon parcels plastered with The Grand Tour marketing

I watched it - not sure I would have paid for it but we happen to be prime members anyway, mostly for the free next day delivery.

Thought it was a bit too contrived and drawn out, and not as slick as their BBC heyday. Perhaps it didn't live up to the expectation, which I guess was the problem with the BBC's latest attempt at TG with Chris Evans. That wasn't very good, I didn't think, but maybe unfair to compare a first go with the the previous trio in their mature state. Fairer, perhaps, to compare their first go with Clarkson's first attempts, way back, which were pretty dire too.

There was an interesting interview with James May recently, in which he just about admitted that they missed their German flight because they were late, but also said that Chris Evans had made a 'ballsy' move to give the new TG a go. Ballsy language too for the breakfast show.

It will be interesting to see how the later Grand Tour shows shape up

transatlantic":2fugv1yo said:
For those that really don't like seeing their faces, I suggest you don't order anything from Amazon for a while :)

The company postage room where we store all the personal post for the staff (mostly christmas presents atm I assume) is full of Amazon parcels plastered with The Grand Tour marketing

on the plus side, I've been disposing of these boxes today, I've stabbed JC in the face at least 6 times and lost count for hammond. for stress relief it's been wonderful. :)

Watched it with my son. It was OK-ish, I thought. Mind you, having paid for Prime just to see GT, I can see why Amazon wanted the old TG team and why GT was the most watched Prime show - we flicked through the rest of their offerings and it is real dross.

Despite a lot of talk in reviews about it showing the benefit of the big budget, I struggled to see it. Perhaps they blew it all on the opening sequence, which was the best bit. Despite the title of Grand Tour, which made me hope for more of what was good in the TG specials, there was little advantage taken of the location; the super cars were in Portugal, their track bit was in the UK somewhere downmarket and derelict. The Ebola gags were, IMHO, regretable. The overweight American driver was not a good feature.

The banter sections seemed forced and did not flow in that natural, almost unscripted looking way they managed on TG at its best. Let's hope subsequent episodes will get better.

Having said that, I thought their last few series of TG were already in decline. Notably the substandard India special. Nothing lasts forever suppose.

I watched the first and thought it was dire. Things can only get better eh? Wrong! Absolute rubbish. They are trying too hard to emulate TG and it's an epic fail. The team chemistry remains but that's about it. The scripting is terrible and the jokes are, well, a joke. Too much time is devoted to one car, or set of cars.

The P1, 918, LaFerrari drag race was an absolute load of rubbish. How likely that each car would win twice? It was so obvious from the outset what the outcome would be. Like I said, rubbish scripting.

No more for me, I'll stick to my TG DVDs.

I saw the 2nd episode last night and it was similar to the first. The special forces stuff was pretty dire. I did laugh a couple of times but thought it was overdone and ultimately really didn't have anything to do with cars in it. Struggling to find much positive I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back