• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

The French shootings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

devonwoody

Established Member
Joined
11 Apr 2004
Messages
13,475
Reaction score
14
Location
Paignton Devon
I reckon this is going to turn out to be a modern spy situation.

satellite engineer equals spying?
 

Dibs-h

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2007
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
11
Location
West Yorkshire
No matter what the "truth" behind this - a lump goes in my throat when I think of the 4yr old who lay under her dead mother's legs for 8 hours.

Dibs
 

Jonzjob

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Joined
19 Mar 2007
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
156
Location
Ex nr Carcassonne, S France. Now NW Wilts, UK
It realy has shaken the French if the French TV coverage is anything to go by!

The poor French cyclist who passed the Britisg guy! If they had stayed together and arrived just that 5 mins later they may both still be alive?

Something that seems to be getting much more common is the number of Kalashnikov rifles that are being used and found in Marseille too. Used in murders and robberies. Probably shipped in from N Africa?
 

Goulss

Established Member
Joined
3 May 2012
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Location
Heighington, Lincoln
I just wonder why it allegedly took a Forensic team 8 hours to inspect the vehicle! And find he poor little mite.
 

Noel

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
7 Aug 2003
Messages
6,753
Reaction score
308
Goulss":3id1bfcy said:
I just wonder why it allegedly took a Forensic team 8 hours to inspect the vehicle! And find he poor little mite.
Unfortunate sig line in your posts considering....

Anyway, I believe they had to wait for a particular forensic team that specialised in fire arms etc and disturbing the bodies would've compromised angles of fire, dropped the remaining glass from the car's windows and other such considerations etc
And, as you allude to, it must've been hell for the kid to be where she was for so long.
 

devonwoody

Established Member
Joined
11 Apr 2004
Messages
13,475
Reaction score
14
Location
Paignton Devon
Very sad about the children, perhaps the assassin did not target the girls intentionally, I know there were injuries to the older child but that might have been because of stray bullets.

Still reckon a secret service have committed this atrocity, satellites are used for taking photographs and the main victim did that sort of thing. etc.etc.

PS edit, I now see that the Daily Mail is considering he might have been a target because of his satellite connection.
 

Dibs-h

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2007
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
11
Location
West Yorkshire
devonwoody":1adfi29v said:
I know there were injuries to the older child but that might have been because of stray bullets.
From the articles I have seen - she sustained injuries around the neck and head - more suggestive of a"beating" or assault than stray bullets.

devonwoody":1adfi29v said:
Daily Mail
Almost the English version of the National Inquirer! LOL

Dibs
 

devonwoody

Established Member
Joined
11 Apr 2004
Messages
13,475
Reaction score
14
Location
Paignton Devon
quote

From the articles I have seen - she sustained injuries around the neck and head - more suggestive of a"beating" or assault than stray bullets.


Mis-informations perhaps, which I suspect there will be a lot of if Military intelligence is involved!
 

Dibs-h

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2007
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
11
Location
West Yorkshire
devonwoody":34jympx7 said:
quote

Mis-informations perhaps, which I suspect there will be a lot of if Military intelligence is involved!
Possibly - but as the press\news was reporting today, she is out of her medically induced coma. The 4yr old is back in the UK - my heart goes out to her.

Dibs
 

wobblycogs

Established Member
Joined
30 Aug 2009
Messages
1,163
Reaction score
0
Location
Gloucester
Since they don't put you into a drug induced coma for bit of a bump on the head I think it's probably fair to assume that they were trying to kill the seven year old as well. Who ever did this clearly doesn't have a problem with killing people and really doesn't want witnesses.

I wonder if we will ever find out who actually did this? I'm not saying the authorities won't find out I'm just not sure the public ever will. It could, I suppose, be a hit man hired by a private individual but my money would be on some secret government agency. The question then is which country was it? I can't help feeling it comes down to either us (he's selling our secrets) or the Iraq (he's giving us their secrets).

Anyway, hope the kids can get over the event and have a speedy recovery. I feel sorry for the cyclist as well, what a bad case of the wrong place at the wrong time.
 

Dibs-h

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2007
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
11
Location
West Yorkshire
wobblycogs":24ftk1dj said:
Since they don't put you into a drug induced coma for bit of a bump on the head I think it's probably fair to assume that they were trying to kill the seven year old as well. Who ever did this clearly doesn't have a problem with killing people and really doesn't want witnesses.

I wonder if we will ever find out who actually did this? I'm not saying the authorities won't find out I'm just not sure the public ever will. It could, I suppose, be a hit man hired by a private individual but my money would be on some secret government agency. The question then is which country was it? I can't help feeling it comes down to either us (he's selling our secrets) or the Iraq (he's giving us their secrets).

Anyway, hope the kids can get over the event and have a speedy recovery. I feel sorry for the cyclist as well, what a bad case of the wrong place at the wrong time.
Would a hit man really take 20 odd rounds to kill 4-5 people and spray bullets? Probably a hit - i.e. not a random shooting (except for the poor cyclist), but far from professional. But then again - the person\persons engaging such people\etc - not like they give a toss about anything other than x, y &\or z being dead.

Dibs
 

wobblycogs

Established Member
Joined
30 Aug 2009
Messages
1,163
Reaction score
0
Location
Gloucester
I read yesterday that it was two shots to the head and they were likely to revise down the number of shots fired. The two to the head feels like specialist military training. I can't believe your average hit man is that thorough and it means getting a bit more up close and personal with your victim.

The other problem with I have with it being a private hit (e.g. organised by the brother) is what would you have to do to make someone hate you that much? Even if he'd slept with his brothers wife and grabbed all the inheritance I struggle to see the brother paying to have the whole family executed.
 

Dibs-h

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2007
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
11
Location
West Yorkshire
wobblycogs":50ss7daf said:
I read yesterday that it was two shots to the head and they were likely to revise down the number of shots fired. The two to the head feels like specialist military training. I can't believe your average hit man is that thorough and it means getting a bit more up close and personal with your victim.
I haven't been keeping up much with the news generally TBH. Yes, 2 shots to the head - bit of a trademark.

wobblycogs":50ss7daf said:
The other problem with I have with it being a private hit (e.g. organised by the brother) is what would you have to do to make someone hate you that much? Even if he'd slept with his brothers wife and grabbed all the inheritance I struggle to see the brother paying to have the whole family executed.
You are looking at this from your perspective - i.e. you wouldn't dream of doing that, but as they say round these parts - "Nowt queer as folk!"

From an inheritance perspective, you can't have the "victims" children survive as they inherit. Far from pleasant (or right), but the logic is entirely understandable.

Also no idea how much money is at play here - if the inheritance is large'ish, say >£0.5M or even > £0.25M, people start doing funny things. Some do it for less, far less.

I had something similar happen to me - i.e. "family" get weird where money is involved, except the numbers were in the 10's of K and having been on the receiving end (of being ripped off), I walked away. But it does go to show, just how money (and doesn't take much) can distort people. And sometimes people you would least expect it from.

Dibs
 

wobblycogs

Established Member
Joined
30 Aug 2009
Messages
1,163
Reaction score
0
Location
Gloucester
True enough, my fathers side of the family went into melt down over the inheritance. They fought over it (in the courts) until there was nothing left - the family home had to be demolished it had stood empty for so long. Very sad.

I believe in this case it's supposed to be over a house in Spain but it's far from certain that there even was a feud going on between them. I know a couple of people that would do silly things for money so I suppose it's not beyond the imagination to think someone could be that hell bent on getting his hands on the cash.
 

Noel

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
7 Aug 2003
Messages
6,753
Reaction score
308
wobblycogs":1d905ouc said:
I read yesterday that it was two shots to the head and they were likely to revise down the number of shots fired. The two to the head feels like specialist military training. I can't believe your average hit man is that thorough and it means getting a bit more up close and personal with your victim.
Hit men, if you want to give such people a title, are 2 penny and the method of execution is hardly specialist, just a bit better than standard I suppose. Less than £2k will get a person who'll do such things with the current economy. Sad to be talking in such commodity based terms in this particular instance.

BTW people, be careful on what you write, considering it's an ongoing investigation and there's a grieving family.
 

Dibs-h

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2007
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
11
Location
West Yorkshire
Noel":1q2tpip1 said:
BTW people, be careful on what you write, considering it's an ongoing investigation and there's a grieving family.
True - talking ill of the dead does nothing for the dead, just upsets the living. Not that anyone here has done that.

Dibs
 
Top