The first step on a new slippery slope

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stairman

Established Member
Reaction score
Have just finished a five day woodturning course pictures here http://gofor.whatisruleone.com/woodturning we have never used a lathe before

Just need to buy a lathe tools etc

day one we had to take square wood to round then practice cutting coves and beads, in the afternoon we made the candle sticks and the right hand one is The Wife's http://gofor.whatisruleone.com/woodturn ... 1%2520.jpg
day two start with rounding and cove/bead practice then we made a box with chatter work on the lids in ebony (The Wife is better at chatter then me)
day three start with rounding and cove/bead practice then we made bowls
day four we made toadstools the right-hand one is Mine then The Wife made the acorn and egg and I tried to copy of the candle stick I made on Monday
day five The Wife made two light pulls and a goblet with captive ring. I did the barley twist then made it into a candle stick then cut a captive ring and progressed to making a wine glass

Hi there,Stairman - glad you both enjoyed it,and welcome to the woodturning slope :D
Nice pictures (although took a while to download.. :( ) ;hope you're pleased with the way everything went,and with what you made.

Lathe on the Christmas list now,is it? :lol:

Andrew

Thanks Andrew

Just found out have won a lathe for £70 + tools and chucks on ebay 500 miles away though (wife thinks this is a good idea as it means we will see 5 of the grandchildren before Christmas) son should collect and pay for it in the next week

will have to sort out a corner in my shed (7.5M x 4.3M) to house it

Just looking forward to asking her if we really need That tool (while thinking I could really do with that!) :roll:

JHC
My Lathe will cost more than we have spent on this lathe and she will ever spend on wood and tools

The course with Jimmy Clewes proved that she is into small delicate turnings and I am happy to do the heavy duty & repetitive stuff

I see it complimenting our business as she will turn the examples for the customers then I will have to produce the repeats

sorry JHC
My lathe will come when I decide we can afford it this will be expediently faster dependent on how much SHE spends on HER tools

(which will be kept in MY shed, so of course I will use them only to make sure their are sharp)

stairman":wfopjb47 said:
Thanks Andrew

Just found out have won a lathe for £70 + tools and chucks on ebay 500 miles away though (wife thinks this is a good idea as it means we will see 5 of the grandchildren before Christmas) son should collect and pay for it in the next week

will have to sort out a corner in my shed (7.5M x 4.3M) to house it

Just looking forward to asking her if we really need That tool (while thinking I could really do with that!) :roll:
dont be fighting over it!

Back